Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Croation BK9

Article about: Just to share what i believe is a variation of BK9 composite allthough devoid of any maker label's i gues you get what you pay for ,it came from a good source so why should i doubt it ,to be

That's true Greg ,i never got to barter ,just had to make do with handling an example and then quietly put it back ,i recall as you mentioned about the m92 chinstrap ,it was the same configuration ,i assume my missing chinstrap section would be similar too ?

Greg i've Just comparing the liner on the bosnian and croat picture shown on composite and noticed my liner headband and chin section is of tan leather and has more in common with the croation bk9 example shown ,not sure if that has any bearing on the discussion but thought worth a mention

James, I had noted that difference in the liner, but so far I am happy to discount it, as there are several other apparent differences between the BK9 and the HADZIKI . It's a fact that those leather headbands are pretty much a universal fitting and it could have been swapped in at any time. I don;t think that proves anything one way or another. The chinstrap catch, for example, is a better sign.

It came to me last night that there was already a thread about this here, started by *me* a couple of years ago when I first got a HADZIKI and *I* was trying to find the differences between it and the Croat. It must be advancing age you know, memory is not what it was... Anyway, have a look here -

Unusual Bosnian composite - or ordinary Croatian?

and here, though its a slightly different discussion

srb kevlar

Thanks Greg for putting my mind at rest ,now you mention your thread i can recall commenting on your example at the time but had long forgotten about it ,if only i done a quick forum search before hand i could of just added mine to your thread and it would of helped in keeping things a bit more orderly here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2