Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.

Article about: Picked this up today, I think it is the Czech version Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets CZECH helmet, Kevlar helmetcomposite helmets index and though it did seem similar

Just to mention, the seller had it listed as;

RARE, Kuwait Helmet Uniform...
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-14-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Where to start indeed. Well it would be foolish to discount Adrian's initial findings, which are the rock we are building upon, but it is also a good idea to go back to first principles and see if we can put together a list of known - or at least strongly suspected users of the 826.

The second principle ought to be to remember that some of these countries used only small numbers and for limited time, as either large scale tests or special service abroad only (like ISAF etc).

The third principle ought to be remembering that some of these might be simple off-the-shelf Schuberth or Induyco purchases with *no* custom modification or even markings (except for original makers' marks if still in place). So -

AUSTRIA, BAHRAIN, BELGIUM, BRUNEI, CANADA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, GERMANY, INDONESIA, LITHUANIA, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, ROMANIA, SINGAPORE, SWITZERLAND

This is certainly incomplete. And it makes no distinction between large scale or limited supply, or custom adaptation or off-the-shelf standard products.

Please note that I have left out a few entries from Adrian's original list (ALBANIA, KOSOVO, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA, TURKEY) because they seemed suppositions only and I've not seen anything since to support them. NB that ROMANIA is included simply on the basis of a series of photos of Romanian ISAF troops using obvious 826 in service. I have no idea whether the general issue helmets in Romania are the local Stimpex (I doubt it) or the 826 or what.

As a point to show general ignorance here, do we even know who got what in terms of Schuberth or Induyco production? Once upon a time we could tell the difference simply by looking at the liner bolts - is this still the case?

Some detail shots of the fasteners and straps.

I notice the arrowhead faster is a not a quick release mechanism, requiring some effort to get it to open.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.   Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.  

Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.   Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.  

Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.  
    Regards,

Jerry

The arrowhead fastener after I managed to get it to open.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.   Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.  

Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Because of the shape and because I always thought the US Choc Chip on a Gerry helm looks great, I got one for my Schuberth.

Regards,

Jerry

Hi, mates,

A member of the Austrian Police and, a collectors mate of mine, sent this, particular, helmet to me.
    He told me, this, grey, SCHUBERT 826 has been worn in the Austrian Gendarmerie actually.
    Maybe it helps ?

Best regards,
    R.
    Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.Czech? Schubert 826 Gr.
    Last edited by Reibert; 04-25-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2