Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

French Model M-58 Tankers ( Bump Helmet )

Article about: These were an updated version of the M-51 which were constructed from leather and had four large air vent holes near the dome and could be worn inside the steel shell of the M-51 OTAN. The M

?

Default French Model M-58 Tankers ( Bump Helmet )

These were an updated version of the M-51 which were constructed from leather and had four large air vent holes near the dome and could be worn inside the steel shell of the M-51 OTAN.
    The M58 helmet's were constructed of hard plastic and the ventilation holes were eliminated in the dome this model remained in active service and was used right into the the 1970's.
    This particular example has had a bit of a hard life and has suffered from extensive paint loss on the exterior of the helmet body it should display well enough for the time being and will make a good filler till I can source a better example to replace it with.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )   French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )  

French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )   French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )  

French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )   French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )  

French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )  

again another nice addition mark allthough it shows issued use of which i really like the liner webbing and leather seem in tip top condition albeit for a little dust off ,nice one and of course if the exterior appearance is not to you tastes i would be tempted to put it where it belongs under a nice mle 51 otan ,cheers for showing james

?

Thanks for your reply James with out a doubt it is an interesting helmet that has seen some use I will add a few new images of it along with the M-51 I picked up recently when it arrives in the post.

Regards Mark

Default French crash helmet

it would go well with a used M51 shell and some goggles like these
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model M-58 Tankers (  Bump Helmet )  

?

Yes it would dam you James and BG now I have another wants to my helmet list I needed a complete M-51 Otan and liner now looks like I need a shell as well and goggles were does it all end Arrrrggggg

Regards Mark