Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"

Article about: I recently revisited a list we created on Gregs old Yahoo forum...this was a list of all the things which are / can be attached to the modern combat helmet ranging from patches to cameras. I

"Brackets" is quite a large category.....we've seen a few Night Vision Goggle variants (and there's a separate thread of those anyway)....here's some others:-

This first one is the large mounting plate for a Rapier missile system attachment...no, NOT the missiles themselves!

I think this one wins the bracket contest....M-Tek side brackets for the MICH (or whatever it's called today) to attach the mandible piece, goggles, torches and I think the one at the bottom is for the kitchen sink! :-)

This last one LOOKS like a fully moulded-in set of brackets on the French Felin..... but it's simply an over-the-head NVG mount at the front (in plastic) and another green plastic bit bolted to each side

....here's another, this time it's a bolted-on Brow bracket on a 2010 dated British PECOC helmet....the helmet that never was.......although the Revision-made bracket (or similar) turned up again later on the Virtus

Phew!...sorry about the delay guys...I've been dealing with all the posts following that bit on brackets! It would seem that you guys are Crazy Ape S*** for Brackets!......so, hold onto your horses and prepare for "neck-flappy bits"!

Now some of these are "impact protective" whilst others aren't...but they all hang down off the back of Compos....and I know there's more out there.....

Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"Helmet attachments / "bolt-ons"

Now if that doesn't give Q-numbered chicken-wired double-decaled round-bottomed champagne BW-strapped front-seam, fixed bale steelies a run for their money I don't know what will!!!

REPLIES INCOMING!!!!!

?

What’s the bottom helmet for???

ahh...the ol' MC140...or at least that's what i think it is.....is covered better at:- Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets USA helmet, AMERICAN helmets helmet, Kevlar helmet PLUG PLUG!!!!

There was a range of them....Motorcyclists, fast boats, hovercrafts (so it's claimed)....a mike'd-up visored lid.....a nice piece.....

- - ------- - -

ooops...you might've meant the other one...in which case "hiding in Swedish trees" is the answer :-)

All good stuff lads, keep posting please... your efforts are very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you.....but who are you and what have you done with the REAL Harry? :-)

Seriously matey, many thanks!

Quote by Composite View Post
    Thank you.....but who are you and what have you done with the REAL Harry? :-)

Seriously matey, many thanks!
    The REAL Harry is taking a well-earned rest while he searches around for more military junk which will be of absolutely NO interest to anyone on the forum - with the exception of a very tiny minority of member's. As Harry's stand-in, I have permission to speak on his behalf. We live together, we have (share) the same wife, have the same birthday, and one of us knows absolutely bugger-all about militaria... as you may have already noticed in the past.

If anything is posted on any topic under his name, and is even remotely correct, it is not him (Harry) that has done it - but me (Steve). Harry knows nowt, so it couldn't be him. Although...'Some folks thinks folks knows nowt, but some folks knows more than some folks thinks folks knows.' I trust that I have made myself understood?

Cheers,
    Steve

Absolutely crystal!

Your feedback is always welcome....as is Harry's! I was gonna ask if you've got anything that dangles from a helmet....but that one would probably get us both in the stockade!!

I'm still trying to identify the "95"-marked one...I'm assuming Korean...but don't really know why. And I'm hoping someone will be along soon with the ol' green cloth corrugated thingy for the back of the Mk6...I think it's official name is "Protector, dangly bit, green drab, neck, helmet"....or similar.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    Absolutely crystal!

Your feedback is always welcome....as is Harry's! I was gonna ask if you've got anything that dangles from a helmet....but that one would probably get us both in the stockade!!

I'm still trying to identify the "95"-marked one...I'm assuming Korean...but don't really know why. And I'm hoping someone will be along soon with the ol' green cloth corrugated thingy for the back of the Mk6...I think it's official name is "Protector, dangly bit, green drab, neck, helmet"....or similar.......
    Hello Mr Ad***n,

Unfortunately I have no 'dangly bits' (for helmets)… and the only 'almost' modern helmet I have is one of those old first pattern DDR tin lids that never crop up in anything other than a sub-forum of a TR forum. And as I didn't purchase a single (or more) helmet this year, I couldn't enter you very exciting competition. Although if I HAD purchased a helmet, I'm quite sure that it would have won.

Cheers,
    S***e

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast