Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet

Article about: I already alluded to this lid in another thread, but only got it in the hand today. For some reason I was sure it said instructors on the label, but it did not, it says; at the top it says C

Thanks James for adding to this thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for sharing Jerry! A neat addition to your collection! Thanks for the well written post too!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Thanks for sharing Jerry! A neat addition to your collection! Thanks for the well written post too!
    Glad it was of interest to you. So many allied items just flop on this forum, sadly IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Forgot i had these two at the back of the Garage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet   Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet  

Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet   Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet  

Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet   Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet  

A fine pair Krad.

I notice one has poppers for the oxygen mask. The blood group and naming on the other is interesting to see.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 11-05-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

True Jerry i think the mask fittings were on the later helmets but not sure ?

Quote by kradman View Post
    True Jerry i think the mask fittings were on the later helmets but not sure ?
    Not sure but I think it is for use by pathfinders, but perhaps all the later examples had them as you say.
    Regards,

Jerry

I've just finished watching a TV documentary which included a small section on the Falcons.......and guess who was wearing an identical helmet to this red one when he did the five mile sky dive?.......John Noakes!!!!!

Further to the conversations about the Parachutists Instructor Helmet and the info already here, can l add some extra info that my recent purchase has brought to light. It seem that the label from all previous examples indicated that Helmets Limited were the only producer of the helmet in question, however my example states that a company with the H.l.S. Ltd. initials also made them in 1994. Now my question is .. who was H.l.S. Ltd ? And asLsowhy don't we have a helmet designation like every other military use helmet has, e.g. M1976, Mk7, Mk6A etc....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet   Helmet Parachutists, RAF instructors display team helmet  

Last edited by norweginblue; 10-22-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2