Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Iraqi Composite Helmets

Article about: I took the boys out for a photoshoot today.

?

Default Iraqi Composite Helmets

Hi Fellow Collectors, here's a few of my Iraqi used Composite helmets ranging from the M-80, M-90, M-80/03, all used in conflict. These are one of my favourite "war trophy" type collectables.Most if not all have Arabic script, and the Iraqi Army Property mark. Feel free to comment, I welcome all discussion,Opex.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

?

This Model is missing the original chinstrap,and as a result has a Jundi cloth strap replacement.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

Painted chinstrap parts.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

?

Iraqi Republican Guard Model, with remnants of overpainted I.R.G Red unit insignia.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

?

M-90, this one is missing the rubber protection on the rim, which is a common factor on these Helmets, note the poor quality webbing and sweatband, these were produced in Iraq unalike the M-80.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

opex i was thinking of you today if you dont mind. i came across two kevlar australian camo covers.

?

Iraqi produced M80/03 with original camouflaged netting attached, note the quality of the fittings was very poor at this stage of this helmets evolution. Red plastic sweatband, and chinstrap fastening especially. I have discovered an Iraqi manufactures mark, on the shell, which appears to be a stylised star.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

?

And finally a nice clear example of the Iraqi Army Property Mark.

Iraqi Composite Helmets

And an example of the Arabic script written on the internal webbing, as before most if not all have this type of Jundi script.

Iraqi Composite Helmets

Another nice collection you've got there Opex, a friend who fought in the first gulf war brought one of the Iraqi produced versions with the flat rivets back, i can only comment on the one i've seen and handled but i thought it was a piece of junk, it was as shoddy as hell and i bet it's ballistic protection properties are pretty low!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Another nice collection you've got there Opex, a friend who fought in the first gulf war brought one of the Iraqi produced versions with the flat rivets back, i can only comment on the one i've seen and handled but i thought it was a piece of junk, it was as shoddy as hell and i bet it's ballistic protection properties are pretty low!..
    Hi Gunny, yes the M-90's quality is absolutely atrocious, the shell material is very brittle and feels like some form of hardened plastic
    ( Corlon is a material I believe is connected to Iraqi helmets ????).

I have been informed of horrific stories of Iraqi troops receiving fatal head injuries due to the poor ballistic qualities of all the Iraqi used helmets, not that I would want to personally discover the ballistic properties of these helmets, I quite like my head the way it is!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking Gunny, as ever much appreciated input.

?

"opex i was thinking of you today if you dont mind. i came across two kevlar australian camo covers"

Haha, no I don't mind you thinking of me,in fact it's quite flattering, and the covers sound intriguing too !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast