Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Iraqi Composite Helmets

Article about: I took the boys out for a photoshoot today.

?

Great trophy's friend.

The M80 helmet was also used by the Iranians in the Iran - Iraq war during the 1980's

this elderly Iranian soldier wears a M80 helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Composite Helmets  

Today I also received a M.90 and what I noticed straight away is that the the M90 seems much heavier then the South Korean produced M80.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    The M80 helmet was also used by the Iranians in the Iran - Iraq war during the 1980's

this elderly Iranian soldier wears a M80 helmet

That's a really interesting reference picture BG, I never realised the Iranian troops wore these model's of helmet!
    Thanks for your input.

- - ------- - -

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Great trophy's friend.
    Many thanks for the compliment SteveR

?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Today I also received a M.90 and what I noticed straight away is that the the M90 seems much heavier then the South Korean produced M80.
    Hi , yes the material is odd in that it does feel heavier, but at the same feels quite fragile, almost like a laminated plastic, I am curious as to know how these were manufactured, but have researched the subject and found very little concrete evidence.

Thanks for your input, and I would be keen to see your M90 when you get a chance to post it here.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi , yes the material is odd in that it does feel heavier, but at the same feels quite fragile, almost like a laminated plastic, I am curious as to know how these were manufactured, but have researched the subject and found very little concrete evidence.

Thanks for your input, and I would be keen to see your M90 when you get a chance to post it here.
    All i can find on the manufacturing process is "A mixture of ballistic plastic and cotton fibres molded at very high pressure" the article then goes on "The helmet shell is very brittle and prone to cracking and flaking"....

really nice collection opex ,i especially like the m80/03 ,and with the cover too ,lucky guy , i know these helmets have the ballistic qualities of building site hard hat ,but theres something so darn addictive about collecting them ,no two helmets look alike when i say that i mean not the shell profile but the paint scheme thats remaining or just the general condition ,the saltier they are the better for me ,if you dont mind id like to share my two examples ,i have shown them before but heres a more recent pic ,the one of the left was identified as a recon unit of the republican guard oh and great referance pic BG i too wasnt aware the irainians wore them ,how confusingIraqi Composite Helmets

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    All i can find on the manufacturing process is "A mixture of ballistic plastic and cotton fibres molded at very high pressure" the article then goes on "The helmet shell is very brittle and prone to cracking and flaking"....
    Thanks for this information Gunny, I can confirm the material is brittle, I assume with the sanctions placed on Saddam, he had no budget for developing a combat helmet with ballistic properties

?

Quote by James C View Post
    really nice collection opex ,i especially like the m80/03 ,and with the cover too ,lucky guy , i know these helmets have the ballistic qualities of building site hard hat ,but theres something so darn addictive about collecting them ,no two helmets look alike when i say that i mean not the shell profile but the paint scheme thats remaining or just the general condition ,the saltier they are the better for me ,if you dont mind id like to share my two examples ,i have shown them before but heres a more recent pic ,the one of the left was identified as a recon unit of the republican guard oh and great referance pic BG i too wasnt aware the irainians wore them ,how confusingIraqi Composite Helmets

Thanks James, I am with you on the desire to collect these helmets, each one is very unique , which appeals to me greatly.

And thanks for posting your excellent examples too

Quote by Opex View Post
    Thanks for this information Gunny, I can confirm the material is brittle, I assume with the sanctions placed on Saddam, he had no budget for developing a combat helmet with ballistic properties
    Always pleased to help if i can mate!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast