Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Iraqi Composite Helmets

Article about: I took the boys out for a photoshoot today.

I took the boys out for a photoshoot today.
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi , yes the material is odd in that it does feel heavier, but at the same feels quite fragile, almost like a laminated plastic, I am curious as to know how these were manufactured, but have researched the subject and found very little concrete evidence.

Thanks for your input, and I would be keen to see your M90 when you get a chance to post it here.
    You're right, these M90's do seem quite fragile, I noticed a stress crack in the back and the rims coming off. The chinstrap has been strengthened with ducktape.

Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets

?

Thank you for showing your examples ,they are fantastic , the model with the Yellow /Arabic script is intriguing, do you know whet this represents?

And your M90 is a classic example of the Jundi approach to field repair, very nice battlefield relic

many thanks opex ,the bottom right lid might look familiar to you too mate ,cheers james

?

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks opex ,the bottom right lid might look familiar to you too mate ,cheers james

I do indeed recognise that Cover,look's great on display

Quote by Opex View Post
    Thank you for showing your examples ,they are fantastic , the model with the Yellow /Arabic script is intriguing, do you know whet this represents?

And your M90 is a classic example of the Jundi approach to field repair, very nice battlefield relic
    I haven't been able to figure out the meaning of the yellow insignia. I believe they are numerals but I don't think they are reffering to a unit.

?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    I haven't been able to figure out the meaning of the yellow insignia. I believe they are numerals but I don't think they are reffering to a unit.

Thanks Magic, I assume the script refers to letters/numerals too, Arabic is not easy to translate as I have found.
    Regards.

Arabic numerals are pretty easy to translate , arabic writing would be much more difficult to translate

the yellow marked helmet looks like

Cheers!!
    Like you said, arabic numerals are easy. I managed to learn it in half an hour when I was in Egypt. They tend to write the numerals of the numberplates in western and eastern arabic numerals.
    Back to the marking; haven't figured out what 286 means, yet.

Ray

?

Hi Fellow Collectors, here is another M-90 from my Iraqi collection, this one is clearly missing it's sweatband and has some damage/field repairs which I feel only add's to it's provenance of being a "bring back" from Desert Storm. It has a name on the webbing, chinstrap and on the outside of the shell, which I wish I could identify. Feel free to check out the pictures for more details and thanks for looking,Opex
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets
    Iraqi Composite Helmets