Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iraqi (?) Helmet for Review

Article about: I found this helmet on ebay listed as a "vintage military collectible helmet army navy" I believe it to be an Iraqi helmet as used in the Iraq/ Iran War, Desert Storm, Operation Ir

Default Iraqi (?) Helmet for Review

I found this helmet on ebay listed as a "vintage military collectible helmet army navy" I believe it to be an Iraqi helmet as used in the Iraq/ Iran War, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, etc. so I put in a low starting bid of $9.99 and won! Opinions on it would be much appreciated!

If I did make a mistake... At least it wasn't costly!!

Iraqi (?) Helmet for Review

your correct it's a Desert Storm era IRAQI helmet! this model originally had a rubber ring around the edge

Iraqi helmet

Thanks for the input, Battle Gear!

I'm excited to add this to my collection for so cheap. I'm only going off of the 4 photos provided... But it appears to be complete... Just a little salty.

?

Very nice pick up Joe

Looks like a good helmet, Its the M90 version (missing its rubber rim) rather than the earlier M80 Iran Iraq war type, you might be interested to read my Wikipedia article Iraqi M80 helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doug

nice pick up joe ,the saltier the better and nice little piece of modern history

?

Great pick up Joe, and for under $10 you can't go wrong

Brad.

A bargain!....

In 1990 an Iraqi-made version of this helmet, the M90, appeared which was of inferior quality construction. These later helmets are prone to splitting at the edges and have a protective rubber rim.
    Were these rubber rims placed during the start of production of these helmets or was it implented after it was found that edges were fragile during use. I'm asking because I have my doubts that all these helmets originally had the rim and they were placed on a later stage thus making it possible for some M.90's to never get a rim.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen!

I wasn't expecting to win this helmet at all... Just goes to show you that deals can still be found on ebay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast