Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Iraqi (?) Helmet for Review

Article about: I found this helmet on ebay listed as a "vintage military collectible helmet army navy" I believe it to be an Iraqi helmet as used in the Iraq/ Iran War, Desert Storm, Operation Ir

this model seems more fragile & lighter than the later Iraqi helmet with the green camo cover , the last Iraqi helmet seems a little thicker and durable than the earlier ones

not a very well made battle helmet, but still makes an interesting collectable

it's a true battle field pick up, my guess is Desert Storm back in 91- 92

$9.99 is dirt cheap for genuine Iraq war trophy

?

Very nice battlefield relic, and a bargain price too, congratulations on sourcing this helmet!

The helmet arrived today! Overall it's a very cool piece of history that just screams battlefield pickup to me. If only it could talk...

This helmet has a bunch of chips and stress fractures all around it... What were the Iraqi's thinking by issuing these to their troops?! It offers ZERO protection... These must have been issued just for show!

Also, there were four pennies stuck inside the helmet in some goo (looked like dried soda to me...)... I guess I got this helmet for $9.96!

Iraqi (?) Helmet for ReviewIraqi (?) Helmet for ReviewIraqi (?) Helmet for ReviewIraqi (?) Helmet for ReviewIraqi (?) Helmet for Review

glad it arrived joe ,nice to see you wearing it too

Thanks, James!

The helmet is pretty dirty on the inside... kinda gave me the heebie jeebies to put it on!

?

"This helmet has a bunch of chips and stress fractures all around it... What were the Iraqi's thinking by issuing these to their troops?! It offers ZERO protection... These must have been issued just for show!"

I expressed a similar sentiment on an Iraqi militaria forum, and a more knowledgeable member informed me that in the Iraqi Army of the time it was considered manly to wear such a helmet, and only an inferior soldier would require more substantial armament. Mark me down as a sissy.

Mike

Nice find, Joe!

It's a lovely helmet and a great story. Glad you scored, I'm envious

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Interesting lid Joe. Are those teeth marks on the helmet ?
    Maybe the Iraqi's didn't feed their troops !

I always add on the postage ( 'shipping' as they like
    to call it ) as the actual price paid, because if you
    eventually sold it for $10 you are out the $10
    or $20 it cost to send it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I had a chance to pick up two of these at the flea market last year, but passed. I mainly just didn't know a lot about them. I dont remember what the guy was asking, but it certainly was more than ten bucks. In 20-30 years I will probably kick myself, as I am sure they will inflate a bit as the war gets further in the past. Thanks to this post I may just jump on the next one I see. Good job on an Ebay pick!

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post

I always add on the postage ( 'shipping' as they like
    to call it ) as the actual price paid, because if you
    eventually sold it for $10 you are out the $10
    or $20 it cost to send it.........!
    ........except when my wife asks "how much did that creepy thing cost?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast