Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iraqi m1980

Article about: my latest buy although not a steel helmet but a composite type of some sort i believe these were made but daewoo in south korea the gulf war era m1980 with unknown painted emblems on the sid

Default iraqi m1980

my latest buy although not a steel helmet but a composite type of some sort i believe these were made but daewoo in south korea the gulf war era m1980 with unknown painted emblems on the side if anybody knows what the unit might be could you let me know as my internet research has drew a blank i like the fact it has an intact liner and chin strap on the inside crown it has the number 21 iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980

?

Default Re: iraqi m1980

Crikey James, you really are going to need a bigger house up there in y gogledd soon!

Very nice lid, I have my eye on one too. I think that insignia is going to be a tough one to figure out.

All the best,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

hi andy ive been told the insignia is republican guard medina division ive also picked up another m80 today this one is also complete with liner chinstrap and nape strap and has some remainder of the original iraqi paint ,the liner has a faint iraqi acceptance ink stamp and another illegible scribblingiraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980iraqi m1980

?

nice pick up mate pity you don't live closer would love to have a look round your collection

thanks nick ,i too would love to see your awesome collection in the flesh as it were ,maybe
    we could house swop for a couple of weeks pal ,cheers james

tippy toes tippy toes im treading on his tippy toes tippy toes im starting to worry about james.regards minnie.

hi MM i think i need to join helmets anonymous or something

hi james some info for my good mate.in 1966 the south koreans developed the m76 helmet which was made of corlon a very early type of kevlar.these were mostly exported especially to iraq where the name was changed to the m80 (but only the name)nothing else.these m76 lids were made through to 1988.then in 1990 the iraq government designed and made there own version being designated the m90 this is a much cruder version and had no where near the qualities of the m76 also they had a thick band running around the rim due to excessive splitting.but a very nice pair you have there mate (hymm nice).regards minnie.
    Last edited by moaning minnie; 08-29-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: add more info

Not sure how I missed this thread....good looking M80's James, really like the one with the RG war paint

Our M80 is really fresh and probably never saw more service, the tan paint is still too fresh. Our M90 show a bit more wear and we got lucky and found one that has a West German net on it so it probably saw service someplace! Russ

you can never have too many Iraqi helmets, seems like each one has it's own character

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast