Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

iraqi m80/03

Article about: thanks for the nice compliments mark and phil an interesting question i wonder if ballistic tests were ever carried out on these as is the norm on composite helmets i havent found any eviden

thanks for the nice compliments mark and phil an interesting question i wonder if ballistic tests were ever carried out on these as is the norm on composite helmets i havent found any evidence to the contrary ,can i ask if you have a 2003 example BG if so id like to see it ,thanks james
    Regards James

I have several Iraqi M80 / 03 helmets JC

iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03

very nice exampleand thanks for sharing these superb pictures too
    Regards James

also i notice the iraqi soldiers wearing different choc chip bdu's im not familiar with ,i see green and brown hues ,are these dyed us kit or home grown
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    also i notice the iraqi soldiers wearing different choc chip bdu's im not familiar with ,i see green and brown hues ,are these dyed us kit or home grown
    The first general issue camouflage design introduced for the newly reformed Iraqi Army was a copy of the US six-colour "chocolate chip" desert pattern.

some locally produced and others imported from Asia or received as military aid from countries like Jordan.

seems like most of their uniforms were imported or made in asia

Iraq - Camopedia
    Last edited by battle gear; 06-21-2014 at 03:47 PM.

?

Very nice example James, as you know I have one similar, I recall when I got mine I was amazed at the poor quality of fixtures and fittings compared to the ROK version. Great addition.

BTW-Does yours have a star shaped stamp on the outer shell,the reason I ask is this is the only makers mark I am aware of on these Iraqi models.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice example James, as you know I have one similar, I recall when I got mine I was amazed at the poor quality of fixtures and fittings compared to the ROK version. Great addition.

BTW-Does yours have a star shaped stamp on the outer shell,the reason I ask is this is the only makers mark I am aware of on these Iraqi models.
    Opex,I agree and noticed the helmet looks good in photos but when you actually handle one and see the quality of manufacture, it almost looks like something they might use in a movie prop.

these are like "ersatz" helmets something they had to make locally because of a shortage in resources or restrictions caused by the embargos and also cost saving measures.

they are interesting though, I kind of like the crudeness, these are the last of the Saddam era helmets, and make a nice conversation piece / collectable.

hi opex and thanks for viewing my example ,ive looked over the shell exterior in fine detail and cant see any markings what so ever
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    hi opex and thanks for viewing my example ,ive looked over the shell exterior in fine detail and cant see any markings what so ever
    No worries James, the only reason I mentioned it is because on my example the only identifiable mark I found was an ink stamped star shaped marking.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Opex,I agree and noticed the helmet looks good in photos but when you actually handle one and see the quality of manufacture, it almost looks like something they might use in a movie prop.

these are like "ersatz" helmets something they had to make locally because of a shortage in resources or restrictions caused by the embargos and also cost saving measures.

they are interesting though, I kind of like the crudeness, these are the last of the Saddam era helmets, and make a nice conversation piece / collectable.
    Quite agree BG the crudeness and poor quality is strangely appealing, and the Helmet's are a good example of locally made Iraqi equipment towards the end of Sadam's regime.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast