Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

iraqi m80/03

Article about: thanks for the nice compliments mark and phil an interesting question i wonder if ballistic tests were ever carried out on these as is the norm on composite helmets i havent found any eviden

?

Update:
    Here is the "star" shaped marking on my example, which is on the outside of the shell
    iraqi m80/03

that is very interesting opex ,almost like a cookie cutter pattern ,mine certainly has nothing remotely like this on it apart from the thick textured paint that is , im intrigued now why mine hasnt got the marking and my theory is due to it being unissued as yours looks issued ,thanks for sharing and hopefully a member will chime in to help ,regards james
    Regards James

one of mine is unissued and has no stamped marking, but it does have a hand written arabic number 4 marked inside for some reason?

maybe it was a way of marking it has been inspected or quality control mark?

?

Quote by James C View Post
    that is very interesting opex ,almost like a cookie cutter pattern ,mine certainly has nothing remotely like this on it apart from the thick textured paint that is , im intrigued now why mine hasnt got the marking and my theory is due to it being unissued as yours looks issued ,thanks for sharing and hopefully a member will chime in to help ,regards james

Thanks James, mine has light usage and from memory it appears to have not been used in anger as it were. I assume the marking was factory applied???

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    one of mine is unissued and has no stamped marking, but it does have a hand written arabic number 4 marked inside for some reason?

maybe it was a way of marking it has been inspected or quality control mark?
    Thanks BG,that makes a lot of sense perhaps it is a QC mark, mine has no names which is unusual compared to my other Iraqi models which are heavily marked by their original owners.

and my new revised iraqi display ,from here i can view the liner systems betteriraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    and my new revised iraqi display ,from here i can view the liner systems betteriraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03iraqi m80/03
    Well displayed mate!...

from observation with other militaria collectables, I think these helmets will become more scarce or valuable to future collectors, they may seem easy to get now but thats how it always is at first, the Saddam regime is history, and they no longer manufacture this helmet

these are not available in large quantities like surplus helmets, most have been brought back by individual soldiers as souvineers.

?

James super design of shelving and very effective as you pointed out for displaying the liners,good idea buddy

BG, very good point and it is nice to have real bring backs in anyone's collection, I have one that has a good provenance of how it came to these shores, my others are unknown but equally must have been brought back to the UK by British soldiers serving in Iraq.

Iraqi training with AK wearing the M80/03 helmet

iraqi m80/03

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast