Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Iraqi M80.

Article about: Hi Guys. Here's my latest lid to view. Iraqi M1980, apprantly used in 2003 , and brought back to the Uk , by a Royal Marine and sold it to the dealer i bought it off,or so I was informed. Th

Default Iraqi M80.

Hi Guys.

Here's my latest lid to view.

Iraqi M1980, apprantly used in 2003 , and brought back to the Uk , by a Royal Marine and sold it to the dealer i bought it off,or so I was informed.

This one is real clean, and not been painted in desert tan.

I did a bit of reasearch and the triangle on the webbing,is an Iraqi Army property mark. It's also got the original owners name in it.

Enjoy, any comments , welcome as ever.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi M80.   Iraqi M80.  

Iraqi M80.   Iraqi M80.  

Iraqi M80.  

Default Re: Iraqi M80.

Nice helm, just makes me wonder if the guy was killed wearing it o.0

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Nice helm, just makes me wonder if the guy was killed wearing it o.0
    Hi.

Thanks Mate, I really don't know if the guy died, in way I hope not ,hopefully he threw it down when he saw a load of Royal marines storming throught the sand at him, surrender is better is than being killed,by blood- thirsty Royal's

Cheers.

ian
    ?

hi Gaz i brought 3 of these home from iraq , they were laying all over the place to the south and west of basrah , when the iraqi army realised the game was up they threw of all of there kit and disapeared into basrah , i sold two and kept the best one , i had a whole uniform webbing gas mask the lot ,sold it all to a guy in france , i think that they are definately becoming colectors items i have seen them for sale for £100 plus , wish id got a lory load , there are allso hundreds of them in bagdad at the foot of the cross swords ,at the tomb of the soldier , yours is in excelent condition ,most are painted and the liners are wrotten ,cheers ian
    i picked mine up from a place we new as green19 thats from a military map that we call a spot map,it north westen outskirts of basrah

Quote by ian View Post
    hi Gaz i brought 3 of these home from iraq , they were laying all over the place to the south and west of basrah , when the iraqi army realised the game was up they threw of all of there kit and disapeared into basrah , i sold two and kept the best one , i had a whole uniform webbing gas mask the lot ,sold it all to a guy in france , i think that they are definately becoming colectors items i have seen them for sale for £100 plus , wish id got a lory load , there are allso hundreds of them in bagdad at the foot of the cross swords ,at the tomb of the soldier , yours is in excelent condition ,most are painted and the liners are wrotten ,cheers ian
    i picked mine up from a place we new as green19 thats from a military map that we call a spot map,it north westen outskirts of basrah

Hi Ian.

Thanks for your comments and info, I am amazed people are prepared to pay £100, I payed £30 ( I thought that was steep, but I am a west country boy,and tight with it)

The dealer I got it off said ,these lids are becoming popular,so let's hope he's right

Cheers mate.

ian
    ?

becouse of the ban on war trophys they will get very scarse i was lucky as i was a security contractor i was not covered by the same rules , i think that is about the only way now that they will come out of iraq , unless some iraqis twig it and start selling them on ebay ,you were lucky to get one in such good condition and for such a good price , im sick i didnt find one of the darth vader ones though cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    becouse of the ban on war trophys they will get very scarse i was lucky as i was a security contractor i was not covered by the same rules , i think that is about the only way now that they will come out of iraq , unless some iraqis twig it and start selling them on ebay ,you were lucky to get one in such good condition and for such a good price , im sick i didnt find one of the darth vader ones though cheers ian
    Hi Ian.

Yeah I know what you mean about the war trophies ruling, I've got an Argentinian M1 ,that a mate of mine brought back from the Falklands,cos he was a Medic in the Marines ,he smuggled it back in his kit. I have seen them on e-bay ( often sold as M1 liners ??)

I reckon if I hang onto my GS Mk6 ( Most uncomfortable lid ,they ever supplied ) for long enough,it might be worth something,but as you can probablty relate too, I don't think I could part with it

I wouldn't mind getting hold of a Fedaydeen lid, but I don't think the wife, would apreciate the second mortgage ,to buy the thing LOL

Cheers Mate.