Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Israel 201 refurb

Article about: This 201 was given to me in Israel, I was in two minds whether to run the gauntlet of bringing back through security, but on closer look it had some features that made it a bit unusual. The

?

Default Israel 201 refurb

This 201 was given to me in Israel, I was in two minds whether to run the gauntlet of bringing back through security, but on closer look it had some features that made it a bit unusual.

The shell is older and has had a liner re-fitted. The paint/texture has been re-applied on the outer shell and it looks like new rivets fitted, this would point to a factory refurb rather than a repair. The front and back foam pads have been removed, or at least not refitted.

Israel 201 refurb

Israel 201 refurb

Israel 201 refurb

It has the original Rabintex green label, date as 01 29, I can’t confirm it but I think that would be week 29 of 2001

Israel 201 refurb

There is a new white label placed over the original white part number label, the roughly translates as “ Helmet Civil Defence Model B”. Civil Defence in this case is not ARP, ‘put that light out’, settlements (predominantly in the occupied territories) have residents that provide an additional security role within the settlement, these are armed and supplied by the army and mapped into the command and control network. The Model B, I think is likely Grade B for non-combat use….a bit of supposition but I have run it by others.

Israel 201 refurb

There is also a stamp on the liner band, this reads something along the lines “Checked that there is no ammunition” and a name of Yismach Lahav , it seems a bit over officious that someone would have their own stamp made, I though it may be a settlement name but came up with nothing. I have no idea how official this is, but it may relate to how it is controlled in a civilian environment.

Israel 201 refurb

Steve

?

Hi , many thanks for posting up this unusual modified helmet, the CD aspect seems to make perfect sense to me, as does the fitting of a new retrofitted cradle , great helmet and provenance..nice to see something a little different than the norm.

Regards Opex

Very nice indeed Steve ,i really like the shell exterior finish it certainly has a been there look to it ,well displayed too it begs the question if those rubber bump pads were ever needed at all ,im sure one of my example's (defence forces Ireland) export)is also missing a frontal pad ,how secure they are fixed im not sure ,thanks for sharing what is a very nice shelf display all the best , James
    Last edited by James C; 05-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.

?

Hi James, I think the pads do have a purpose, particularly as the same model is used for airborne troops, but they are prone to damage, it could be that this is one of the reasons it was rejected as a combat helmet and refurbed, one of the things we'll probably never know for certain. Glad you like it.

Steve.

I do indeed like it Steve ,a shame it was regected ,i would gladly take it to add to my collection to me aside from the lack of rubber pads it is a pure classic airborne configuration 201
    thanks ,james