Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Italian Helmet SEPT2

Article about: Morning everyone, it is quite difficult to find Italian composite helmets out of Italy, and there is not much official documentation about them, so it seemed interesting to share some exampl

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Hi guys if it can be useful I can post pictures of my Italian helmets with winter cover and desert cover (Somalia mission)
    Feel free to add, you are welcome!
    The cover "Somalia" in my opinion is the most beautiful one.

I adore the winter camo cover "aghi di pino" (pine needles)

Yes the Somalia is the most fashion camo...

Here's 2...I'm sorry that the covers are on but I can't get to the helmets to reshoot them "naked" (the helmets...not me!)

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

Italian Helmet SEPT2Italian Helmet SEPT2

I have never really fully understood the Italian Composite Helmet range....I THINK I convinced myself that these 2 were different when I got home with No2...but I don't know!

I THINK I have other covers too......

.. Very beautiful!
    But the vegetato cover would not seem original to me ..

Are they both the same helmet?

...and I'm not overly concerned with the cover as it was free with the helmet......what tells you it is wrong?

The problem we have here, with camo covers (well, there's *always* a problem with camo covers...) is that most Italian helmets except the early Cassoni and Tecno Fibre seem to have the same lining and chinstrap*. Therefore seeing the shape of the shell and the alignment of the rivets is the best and arguably only way to tell them apart.

*This may not be true but it looks like it to me.

Greg I can say that there are little differences between the different producers. For example helmets made for Italy by Induyco (Spain) have a quite different lining and are quite less easy to find. I own one. As soon as I have a moment I'll take some pictures

Quote by Composite View Post
    Are they both the same helmet?

...and I'm not overly concerned with the cover as it was free with the helmet......what tells you it is wrong?
    For me it is basically the same helmet, that is SEPT2 of "Sistemi Compositi".
    The second example still has the fabric label, positioned on one of the segments of the liner, typical of the early 90s production.
    The first example, however, should be from subsequent productions, and has an ink stamp.
    We should compare them without covers to be sure there are no further differences.

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Greg I can say that there are little differences between the different producers. For example helmets made for Italy by Induyco (Spain) have a quite different lining and are quite less easy to find. I own one. As soon as I have a moment I'll take some pictures
    Hi stahlelm16, the helmet made by the Spanish "Induyco", of which you speak, should be the first example of this thread, I confirm that it is a very well made helmet, the color of these helmets seems to be an olive green most clear than those of other manufacturers.
    Last edited by OldSteel; 07-10-2020 at 05:27 PM. Reason: correct word

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast