Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K-Pot Pickup

Article about: His desire to be in the mix is a bit macho in some manner, but it goes deeper than that and is hard to explain to those who haven't been. Not a slam against anyone, but it is so. As much as

Default Re: K-Pot Pickup

His desire to be in the mix is a bit macho in some manner, but it goes deeper than that and is hard to explain to those who haven't been. Not a slam against anyone, but it is so. As much as we long for home when "embracing the suck", it is often something that many miss when home. When in such environments, there is a certain clarity to life and your senses with environment around you and the tough brotherly love, camaraderie and concern that is shared by the men beside you that produces feelings that are difficult to let go of in a perverse way. One of the hardest things I have done in this life of mine, was to take of my uniform for the last time after 22 years, knowing that my soldiers were going back again without me.

Nice helmet.

Be on the look out for helmets at flea markets as well. I've got a few great bargains before.

thats a nice helmet russ i take it k pot stands for kevlar ? is there any chance of seeing the helmet without the cover on thanks james

James, Yes...the K stands for Kevlar, or so I have read...makes sense. I'll pull the cover off and snap a few photos a little later this morning.

Russ

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    James, Yes...the K stands for Kevlar, or so I have read...makes sense. I'll pull the cover off and snap a few photos a little later this morning.

Russ
    Quite so. Just GI slang for it.

James, Sorry it took so long to get these requested photo up.....but better late than never I guess. Here ya go!

K-Pot Pickup

K-Pot Pickup

K-Pot Pickup

K-Pot Pickup

K-Pot Pickup

thank you russ for taking the time to remove the cover and take these pics ,i like what i see , very nice condition do you know the year of manufacture ,cheers james

russ i hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread just wanted to share some pics of mine it looks to be 89 dated and unissued im presuming this is a more modern woodland cover but im not sure here you go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K-Pot Pickup   K-Pot Pickup  

K-Pot Pickup   K-Pot Pickup  

James, sorry for not replying to your earlier post. I did look for a date, just never got back to this thread to reply. Anyway, I can not make out the date, these eyes just are not good enough. I'll have my kid take a look at it this evening and see what he can come up with. The only thing I can make out is that it is a size small.

Nice looking lid you got there by the way!

Russ

just done some research on mine and the 89 date and serial number is when the contract was issued so it could be 1989 or later even up to 1999 and i notice yours says gentex maker while mine says unicore ,which is federal prison industries inc , so a bunch of inmates made mine also the cover says made in china so must be a cheap copy so will bin it and go for genuine choc chip gulf war one thanks james
    Last edited by James C; 10-15-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2