Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84

Article about: Not my usual area of collecting as i mainly collect GW1 militaria I have had this MK6 a while, its a very rare NEI Electornics example made in 1983-84, the cover is heavily scrimmed up and i

Default Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84

Not my usual area of collecting as i mainly collect GW1 militaria

I have had this MK6 a while, its a very rare NEI Electornics example made in 1983-84, the cover is heavily scrimmed up and is also an early one made by Manclark & son, with ct4b contract code

the helmet still has its early type MK6 chinstrap - as the material is very thin, compared to the later types. i would imagine the early straps didnt last long due to the thikcness of the material

anyway hope you like the pictures - i wil also be parting this from my collection to concentrate on my main area of collection,so if anyone can give me an idea of value aswell that would be appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84   Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84  

Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84   Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84  

Nice early example by a less common maker. funnily enough I have seen one for sale recently, an 84-85 with a "normal" dpm cover, listed for a while but unsold at £30 so I guess the going rate is less. Standard MK6's are £10-15. and many wont want to pay more than that.

still a nice early lid and one I would have if it was priced to suit my tightfisted collecting budget.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

....apparently there's about 40,000 about to hit the market.....so Economics tells me that they're about to get a lot cheaper....

At this years UK fairs there's been a lot of them.....£10 everywhere....and I got one on Ebay last week for £2!....Dealers don't seem to check dates and makers and strap fabric...I know it's an old story but I got my Mk6 Troop Trial model from a bin of Mk6s....all same price!

In the same way people collect ek's and try to get one by each maker perhaps,oneday mk6's will be collected the same way, but not yet so to most its an early shiney shell as opposed to a late textured shell.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    In the same way people collect ek's and try to get one by each maker perhaps,oneday mk6's will be collected the same way, but not yet so to most its an early shiney shell as opposed to a late textured shell.
    Well, that started here some years ago. It seemed the obvious thing. And there are a few - very few, it is true - other differences beyond the texture of the shell and the label. It's all rather interesting, I sometimes wonder whether I ought to do a website about it.

I'd certainly like to know how solid is Adrian's theory about a *lot* of Mk6 various being released soon. I've been off the collecting set for some months due to a bit of a cash-flow issue, but if it were highly likely that there's be just vast numbers rolling about like peas on a plate at Malvern or W&P I could come up with a Plan.

Interesting, heres an 84/85 NEI one that sold recently on ebay £31 so people are willing to pay for the early makers they still hold value, i'm keeping hold of mine for now:

COMBAT HELMET British Mk 6 1984 | eBay

Hello Gents, i'm the chap who won the ebay listed helmet. Infact its sitting on my lap right now.I would of paid a little more for it to be honest. I have been buying and selling helmets for a number of yrs now.I was buying up the Mk5's but when i see a rare maker or an unusual mk6 or 7 i buy it. I plan on enjoying them until i'm ready to move them along. BTW this mk6 is a very very very good condition, I was surprised at that really..
    regards

heres 2 i have i am amazed how good the shell is and the pads inside...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84   Mk6 Helmet NEI Electronics 1983-84