Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

MKU composike

Article about: This is a farily unusual composite, one you don't see every day, definately. Its from MKU, which is originally an Indian company, though I see from their website (Military and Armed Forces E

Default MKU composite

This is a farily unusual composite, one you don't see every day, definately. Its from MKU, which is originally an Indian company, though I see from their website (Military and Armed Forces Equipment Manufacturer - MKU) that they now have a European establishment in Germany. I first saw one of these on the Dutch trading site Marktplaats a few years ago, but my attempt to actually buy it failed in the face of the seller's refusal to communicate at all. Then this one showed up on Ebay a couple of months back.

It's a pretty straightforward object in every sense, and really the only puzzle to me is some uncertainty about where its actually made. India or Germany? When I was researching the Marktplaats one some years back there was definately no Germany branch showing on the MKU webpage. And everything - the labels and the users instruction leaflet - is in English, which slightly tips my guess towards India. But I don't know. Any actual knowledge of these out there among you?

MKU composikeMKU composikeMKU composike
    MKU composikeMKU composike
    MKU composikeMKU composike
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 10-20-2014 at 06:32 PM.

?

That's another interesting variation of the PASGT shape Greg, at first glance it look's like a Global Armour Pascut all be it the rubber edging appears to be wider in profile,I cannot say I have ever come across this manufacturer before today, so that's a knowledge update for me.

However I found in a quick websearch this information relating to these helmet types.

A+A 2013 - Aralyte - ERGO - MDS III - MKU GmbH

Well, no question but you have to have a good memory to be able to tell one essentially PASGT type from any one of a hundred others - there is a scary degree of sameness. And that's before you get into the dozens - perhaps scores - of small outfits in Cniha knocking out ballistic plastic helmets (and steel ones too, usually M1 versions). Have a look on Alibaba some time. Its amazing.

The only appropriate URL on the link you sent refers back to the original Indian site. I suppose what I need to know is exactly *when* the German subsidiary started operations, and whether in fact they really do make the helmets as opposed to market them.

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Well, no question but you have to have a good memory to be able to tell one essentially PASGT type from any one of a hundred others - there is a scary degree of sameness. And that's before you get into the dozens - perhaps scores - of small outfits in Cniha knocking out ballistic plastic helmets (and steel ones too, usually M1 versions). Have a look on Alibaba some time. Its amazing.

The only appropriate URL on the link you sent refers back to the original Indian site. I suppose what I need to know is exactly *when* the German subsidiary started operations, and whether in fact they really do make the helmets as opposed to market them.
    Hi Greg, you make a very good point,the Pasgt "clones " are immense and there does seem to be common theme with the liner system which features in this model, as well as Global armour et al, I have previously checked out Alibaba and I completely agree there are a plethora of Helmet types!!!!

Regarding when the German company marketed/produced these models I am unsure......but, there is a wealth of information on the WWW it's just frustrating bouncing from one link to another, might be worth emailing them or giving them a call!!