Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

More French F1 Helmets.

Article about: Hi Guys. Thought you might like to see more of my F 1 Helmets. Feel free to comment, and thanks for looking. Opex. F1 with M-64 Jacket hood. Of the type used in Beirut F1 with Salade cover.

Default Re: More French F1 Helmets.

Hi opex so far i own 2 x f1 second series both have the fingered crown pad but what puzzles me is the chinstrap system is different i have one with a triangular piece of leather with press studs and the other has sliders and velcro ,i can only think it must be transitional from the series one what are your thoughts cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:30 AM.

?

Quote by col james View Post
    hi opex so far i own 2 x f1 second series both have the fingered crown pad but what puzzles me is the chinstrap system is different i have one with a triangular piece of leather with press studs and the other has sliders and velcro ,i can only think it must be transitional from the series one what are your thoughts cheers james

Hi James. It could be that it has a second series crown pad ( being fingered) fitted onto a first series cradle, I have a few like this myself.

I suppose my second query is ,is the cradle attached by poppers ?

?

Here's another F1 , this came with the later version of the Desert cover, and the remnants of a sandy coloured paint finish?

More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.

Very nice Opex i really like the look of this one and a shame to have it covered ,with that paint applied it must be a persian gulf wars example
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:31 AM.
    Regards James

?

Thanks James, your completely right, I ditched the cover, put a Salade net, and car door trim on the shell, and it looked much better on display!

I too assume it was used in the "Gulf", or possibly Chad where French troops were active around this time frame.

Thanks for your comments James,much appreciated ,Opex.

?

Hi All, here's another example I picked up recently from ebay..for the mighty sum of 99p!
    Of particular interest is the makers mark of Dunois and Gallet (who merged in 1990), also It did not come with a cover, but I have some spares so have placed a CCE cover to display it,hope you like it and feel free to comment,Regards and thanks for looking

More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.

Very nice time warp example opex and nice maker too ,looks great
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:31 AM.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice time warp example opex and nice maker too ,looks great

Thanks James,glad you like it. I am always on the look out for F1 models so when this one came up I could not resist

I never tire of looking at french f1's or any other french helmets the bare shell is aesthetically pleasing ,but covers are a must ,i find they sit quite proudly on my shelf ,my favourite f1 example is this one ,i think the scrim /hessian and door trimming complements it very wellMore French F1  Helmets.
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:32 AM.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    i never tire of looking at french f1's or any other french helmets the bare shell is asthetically pleasing ,but covers are a must ,i find they sit quite proudly on my shelf ,my favorite f1 example is this one ,i think the scrim /hessian and door trimming complements it very wellMore French F1  Helmets.
    Totally agree, as you know casque's are my favourite collecting genre, and the venerable F1 rates very highly in my favourite steel helmet design/shape ... classic pre-composite

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast