Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

MSA Gallet Helmet

Article about: Picked this up today on the fea market does anyone know whos army uses these ?

Default MSA Gallet Helmet

Picked this up today on the fea market does anyone know whos army uses these ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MSA Gallet Helmet   MSA Gallet Helmet  

MSA Gallet Helmet   MSA Gallet Helmet  

Hopefully Greg will help or someone with more experiance,Gallet is French related however its stamped S.A so more likely a South African produced Composite Helmet intended for export like so many that came from there.did look on Gregs site but couldn't see an exact match,sure your find the answer soon enough.

Thank you Jake

From your pictures I believe it to be the Austrian M92 - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets AUSTRIA, Austrian helmet, Kevlar helmet - but with a somewhat different label to any I have seen. MSA Gallet have produced helmets for a number of nations, but theis has the characteristic dark brown headband and Velcro chinstrap of the Austrian. The label being in German is a clue, also! The Danish version, for example - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets DENMARK, DANISH helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index - has a similar liner but a chinstrap which is to all intents and purposes that of the Canadian 634, also made by Gallet. Good find!

One more thing - the 'S.A.' does not imply South Africa - Induyco is a Spanich company which has partnered Schuberth and Gallet in helmet production, and the SA in this case is the Spanish equivalent of 'Ltd' - Sociedad AnĂ³nima

This is most strange.

Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets GERMANY, GERMAN 826 828 helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index
    Induyco is a spanish firm with a factory in Munich, as the writing on the label is German i would have thought they are produced for as said above the Austrians or Germany.

Nice M92 kradman !!! It looks as though it's missing its leather chin cup from the chinstrap... Good news is...... they are exactly the same as the easily obtainable French F1 steel helmet!!! I have a Danish M92 I converted to Austrian spec by fitting the chinstrap from a French F1 helmet!!! here's a pic of mine with leather chin cup and the current Austrian issue J Blaschke made helmet cover!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MSA Gallet Helmet   MSA Gallet Helmet  

MSA Gallet Helmet   MSA Gallet Helmet  

Last edited by austromunga; 08-29-2015 at 10:58 PM.