Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

my b826 composite

Article about: Excellent looking duo James, I like the look of the covers you managed to pick up, just out of interest did the M-53 cover has holes for the chinstraps to go through mine didn't and it puzzl

?

Excellent looking duo James, I like the look of the covers you managed to pick up, just out of interest did the M-53 cover has holes for the chinstraps to go through mine didn't and it puzzled me for ages how on earth the cover fitted properly??

Of course the M-95 look's great,and is a super design,in fact one of the more better fitting covers out there I reckon

As always look forward to seeing more of your pick up's as and when you get the chance to post them up

thanks mate ,yes the cover was battered to be honest but i like them beaten up so i was pleased ,this 1990 dated m53 cover is the earliest one ive found so far and yes as it was issued luckily it already had chinstrap slits cut in so saved me messing about with it ,it sits upon my austrian m75 though as i dont have a spare m53 ,thanks for your nice comments
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks mate ,yes the cover was battered to be honest but i like them beaten up so i was pleased ,this 1990 dated m53 cover is the earliest one ive found so far and yes as it was issued luckily it already had chinstrap slits cut in so saved me messing about with it ,it sits upon my austrian m75 though as i dont have a spare m53 ,thanks for your nice comments
    No worries matey, it is a mystery why these DPM covers for the M-53 do not have holes for the chinstraps to go through, good job you got n issued one,as I had a cut my own holes, which I was a bit nervous about doing. I though I spied the M-75 the black chinstrap gave it away initially

yet another cover to be collected for the b826 ,this one you might recognise ,its the czech republic vz 85 or is it 95 im never to sure but a woodland style pattern very similar to us erdl ,this was a spare jacket hoodmy b826 compositemy b826 compositemy b826 composite
    Regards James

?

Excellent idea and display James, I really like the Vz 95 camo and the Czech hood's are a perfect fit for helmets. That's what I like about these models, they are used by so many nations it's easy to recreate the look of many European armies,nice one mate again you have inspired me

many thanks mate ,well im pretty pleased with this cover so this one will be a sticky for the shelf for some time and as an update have tried to emulate the look from a book i have[ATTACH=CONFIG]736599[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my b826 composite  
    Last edited by James C; 09-13-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    Regards James

?

Excellent recreation mate, I have that book so I know the picture well, absolutely superb

cheers buddy im chuffed with the outcome
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    cheers buddy im chuffed with the outcome
    No worries mate, just out of interest what sort of green tape did you use to seal the edge of the cover down with, is it the sniper tape available on the surplus market?

i didnt buy it specific ,i found it in my dads shed and thought it might come in handy one day ,perhaps i should invest in the sniper tape but as i dont want gum marks on the cover and net ive now removed the tape totally i also like chopping and changing covers when i get bored and the tape seemed too permanant
    Last edited by James C; 09-12-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    Regards James

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast