Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my british mk6 /mk6A trio

Article about: a nice day here in wales today ,so it was ideal for photographing my three british gs mk6 composites ,most people are led to believe these are made of aramid /kevlar fibre ,it is made from a

?

Very nice display James, I too like the chin cup which is unusual,I have an RAC model fitted with a similar chin cup attachment

many thanks sean on the goggle cover info ,great stuff mate paul great links to the multicam and mtp as always you are a great help , i can now clearly see the differance side by side ,we have tailored the design well ,and many thanks ian on the compliments and on the chin cup modification ,ive learned more about my helmets today so thank you all guys

sorry opex ,ive been so busy typing i didnt realise you had posted ,but while your on ,is it me or do i see a similarity to the french f1 chincup here ,thanks for looking ,james

?

Quote by James C View Post
    sorry opex ,ive been so busy typing i didnt realise you had posted ,but while your on ,is it me or do i see a similarity to the french f1 chincup here ,thanks for looking ,james

Hi James, yes definitely a resemblance to the F1, and thinking about it also the Italian Gendarmerie M47 style helmet, it must be a universally good design that has clearly stood the test of time

Reg
    ?

[QUOTE=jimpy;1142418]The chin-cup is/was a popular alteration to the chin-strap Reg, either because the original leather one had finally "died" or simply because the soldier preferred it. (It was also a popular mod' on the chinstrap of the old Turtle-Back

Try telling that to my old RSM .... LOL

?

[QUOTE=Reg;1145642]
    Quote by jimpy View Post
    The chin-cup is/was a popular alteration to the chin-strap Reg, either because the original leather one had finally "died" or simply because the soldier preferred it. (It was also a popular mod' on the chinstrap of the old Turtle-Back

Try telling that to my old RSM .... LOL

I know what you mean Reg.
    My first RSM was a typical "old school" RSM, if it wasn't in the book then you couldnt do it, but my last infantry RSM was totally different, his attitude was, "as long as you carried SOP kit in the field", he didn't care how or where it was carried, in camp was a different ball-game though, at that point, it was "as per the book"!

And when I transferred to the RE, totally different again. The "boss-man" was that laid back, he was practically horizontal. My fighting order at the time was a right mix. Modified 58ptn belt, (roll-pin buckle and extension piece added), 58ptn ammo pouches, 2x 44ptn waterbottle carriers, (complete with 44ptn mug and 58ptn bottles), civi pattern shoulder harness, (based on the then proposed harness). NO back pouches, I carried the rest of my CEFO in and strapped on, a 44ptn small pack with a modified 44ptn shoulder strap. The rest of my "heavy kit" went in a civi Berghaus bergan. Then again, I was a Driver/Radio Operator at the time!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Attachment 816770

I've got a couple of PECOC helmets...but I'd LOVE a PECOC cover...'got a grab bag or two but never seen a cover...but they do exist I'm assured

Ade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2