Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My bros kevlar helmet

Article about: this is the helmet my brother gave to me before he went to afganistain . he said the he has newer helmet now. but i thought this would make a good item for my collection. he said there were

?

Default Re: My bros kevlar helmet

We were supposed too! But somehow my East Timor lid never did..

Quote by AMTG View Post
    We were supposed too! But somehow my East Timor lid never did..
    ha why not wouldent be the first or the last. good on ya.

?

In Afghan they wear DIsruptive pattern desert uniform (DPDU) and DPCU (disruptive pattern camouflage uniform) this is also called AUSCAM. Depending on the terrain they are operating in. They also wear multi cam more these days. In Iraq we only wore DPDU.

Then there's disruptive pattern naval uniform (DPNU) which is an altogether horrible looking thing, same pattern as DPDU but in greys and green....my lovely wife has to wear it everyday, and she being ex army hates it!

?

It is so cool you have your brother's service hemet Mark, and great to see you're rightfully proud of his service and sacrifice.
    Keep it safe for your family, present and future mate.
    Thanks for sharing.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    It is so cool you have your brother's service hemet Mark, and great to see you're rightfully proud of his service and sacrifice.
    Keep it safe for your family, present and future mate.
    Thanks for sharing.

Brad.
    yea thanks brad i will keep it safe am proud of his service. proud of them all. spent anzac day up there that year too great day.

I really like it. The camouflage pattern is a thing of beauty.

There is nothing like family related militaria.

This must make you so proudtreasure it forever as its such a personal and poignant item to your family....thanks for sharing.....Jake.

?

Yeah I have my skid lid from Iraq & Afghan somewhere I think it is at my Mothers house should go & get it one day..When I was out in Iraq we used a lot of US uniforms..infact anything we could get our hands on.. multi cam, British DPM, American BDUs, right old mixed bag...I would also like to thank your brother & all the Aussies out on Ops I have worked with the Aussies very good soldiers..Cheers Terry.

ANA...... what a waste of time.... Glad your bro was OK.

?

Second that sir...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast