Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My last British Mk6 helmet

Article about: Morning all, today I want to share with you this helmet that I received in recent days by UK, it is a common GS MK6 of NP Aerospace, production of 80's end already in the "rough surface

Default My last British Mk6 helmet

Morning all,
    today I want to share with you this helmet that I received in recent days by UK, it is a common GS MK6 of NP Aerospace, production of 80's end already in the "rough surface" version, it is in very good condition despite its age; the DPM cover seems be the original one watching the wear type.
    When happens to me a good example of this "venerable" helmet, I'm happy to put it in my British helmets collection, also because in my area is not very common to find good examples.

Thanks for looking
    Roberto

My last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmetMy last British Mk6 helmet

Nice looking helmet , know these helmets well from wearing one some years ago

Very nice example Roberto and glad you are happy to add one to your collection ,your cover looks to be temperate Dpm as opposed to the woodland Dpm, the batch number on the jeltec cover would make it around 1990/91 ,hard to speculate of course but it could possibly be an operation granby used helmet
    regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Very nice example Roberto and glad you are happy to add one to your collection ,your cover looks to be temperate Dpm as opposed to the woodland Dpm, the batch number on the jeltec cover would make it around 1990/91 ,hard to speculate of course but it could possibly be an operation granby used helmet
    regards James
    Thanks James,
    I learn with pleasure that your research done with the cover batch number confirms that it has been produced in the same period of the helmet, this coincides with my idea that the cover is the original of this helmet, and the hypothesis that it may have been used during the Operation Granby is certainly very interesting for me.

Cheers
    Roberto

I can confirm that some albeit few temperate DPM covers were used on Granby I most of course were Desert DPM and many helmets if not most were painted with sand coloured paint.

I hated these helmets as they were so uncomfortable. The Mk6A was a huge improvement and the current Mk7 is worlds better.

However, the Mk6 belongs in every British helmet collection and you have a nice example here

ERegards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I can confirm that some albeit few temperate DPM covers were used on Granby I most of course were Desert DPM and many helmets if not most were painted with sand coloured paint.

I hated these helmets as they were so uncomfortable. The Mk6A was a huge improvement and the current Mk7 is worlds better.

However, the Mk6 belongs in every British helmet collection and you have a nice example here

ERegards

Mark
    Thanks Mark,
    for your positive comments and for further information; for what concerns the Mk6A and Mk7, I agree with you, they are two excellent helmets; I think the Mk7 is actually among the best available today and with a nice aesthetics.

Cheers
    Roberto

Your Very welcome Roberto