Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.

Article about: Thanks James! I love this lid, I am already getting the urge to swap the cover round but will try and leave it as it is and display desert on my type 2 if I get it. US kit is just top notch

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Cheers Opex buddy! I haven't put this one down much lol. It has fast become my favorite US lid. The liner & chinstrap are so well designed and as you said they really out done the army with this beauty. There is a few subtle changes but the shell remains exactly the same shape & profile size as my medium pasgt, the differences are, The shell is thinner, Thus making it lighter in weight and it is minus the screw holes for the pasgt chinstrap. Finding a cover is a hard task! I have been looking even on US sites and still can't find one. Fingers crossed, Hopefully soon! Cheers, Sean.
    No worries bud, and thanks for the confirmation of the shell aspects that is useful to know. I have always been completely aghast at the prices of US composite covers, and frustratingly at the lack of them over here. I recall when I got my ACH cover is was very pricey, and had to buy direct from the states which was a pain. Good luck and keep plugging away sourcing one , I am confident one will appear at the right time and price.

I picked up a Kevlar helmet very recently which like yours is closely based on the Pasgt, I have not managed to identify it yet but is lighter than it's Pasgt granddaddy!?

Regards

?

Yeah man, The prices for cover's are ridiculous! There is a handful up on ebay for the type 2 light weight helmet and they are around £40 I have decided I will buy from the states if I can get it for £30 or less including p&p. That should give me a fair bit with the exchange rate. I am usually dead set against ordering from the states but I am seriously eager to get this lid finished and displayed properly lol You should post up your new kevlar pal. I always love seeing new lids and how they compare etc. Cheers, Sean.

?

Yeah man, The prices for cover's are ridiculous! There is a handful up on ebay for the type 2 light weight helmet and they are around £40 I have decided I will buy from the states if I can get it for £30 or less including p&p. That should give me a fair bit with the exchange rate. I am usually dead set against ordering from the states but I am seriously eager to get this lid finished and displayed properly lol You should post up your new kevlar pal. I always love seeing new lids and how they compare etc. Cheers, Sean.
    I know Sean the prices of covers are a mystery to me and £40 not does represent good value to me for what essentially is a piece of cloth, I am with you on buying from the states, but understand why you want to complete it!

I look forward to seeing the completed project,and will try and take some pictures of my recent Pasgt style helmet, I have been doing a bit of research this week and think I have identified it.

There's one here on fleabay mate and it works out at about £34 including postage LBT-2286G MARPAT Reversible Helmet Cover (MARPAT Desert/Woodland) Small/Medium | eBay

?

Sorry for the delay in replying guys I have been away for a short a while. I have sourced & bought 2 genuine issue covers for this helmet from the states each costing just under $20 with international express shipping I think about £15 each so happy with that. One is issued but as new for medium large type with the stitched tag on the rear. and one x small/small brand new with issue tag still attached and makers mark ink stamped into a section of the cloth. I figured will get both as they are not readily available and sometimes I find different manufactured covers fit helmets differently so I have a choice. I do believe they are in the UK already so should possibly have them by end of the week fingers crossed! Cheers Sean.

?

Sorry for the delay in replying guys I have been away for a short a while. I have sourced & bought 2 genuine issue covers for this helmet from the states each costing just under $20 with international express shipping I think about £15 each so happy with that. One is issued but as new for medium large type with the stitched tag on the rear. and one x small/small brand new with issue tag still attached and makers mark ink stamped into a section of the cloth. I figured will get both as they are not readily available and sometimes I find different manufactured covers fit helmets differently so I have a choice. I do believe they are in the UK already so should possibly have them by end of the week fingers crossed! Cheers Sean.

Great news Sean, I am glad you sourced some and look forward to seeing them fitted to your uber-cool Helmet

?

Cheers Opex! I just realized reading my post back.. I got the price info badly mixed up. I was very tired after spending most of the day on the road when I posted earlier lol. So the covers were about $20 each then about $15 each for the international express shipping. I think that it worked out at roughly about £15-£20 for each of the covers. Not to bad I don't think and didn't want to risk anything so snapped them up pretty sharpish Cheers, Sean.

?

Cheers Opex! I just realized reading my post back.. I got the price info badly mixed up. I was very tired after spending most of the day on the road when I posted earlier lol. So the covers were about $20 each then about $15 each for the international express shipping. I think that it worked out at roughly about £15-£20 for each of the covers. Not to bad I don't think and didn't want to risk anything so snapped them up pretty sharpish Cheers, Sean.
    No worries Sean , and totally relate in the past ( and more than likely again) I have snapped items up double quick, especially when the items are not easily sourced, and 15-20 pounds sounds reseasonable to me, considering the covers are like hen's dentures over here, good one bud

?

Got back from work this morning to find a bulky envelope addressed from the good ole USA waiting for me Gents! It is the first reversible marpat cover I bought, Brand new still with issue tags attached. Stupidly in my excitement I didn't take any pics prior to fitting it to show both sides and the makers mark. I was like the kid at christmas that just wants to rip the wrapping off and play with his toy lol. Well it is all genuine and as the guy said brand new with ink makers mark on the desert side, No EGA but that doesn't bother me. Now this cover is for size Xsmall/small and yet fitted over this medium helmet perfectly. I bought both sizes because I have got smaller covers over larger helmets before but there was no fighting at all etc to get this on, It went on like it was made for it so slightly confused but non the less made up! I have taken a pic with it next to the commercial cover I had for comparison and you can see the build quality straight away is better on the genuine issue cover but the print is practically identical! Hope you all like it. This has made my month lol. I have wanted a complete all genuine one of these lids forever! Now I have it Mwuhaha! I will sell the other genuine medium/large, Issued like new cover when it arrives if anyone is interested let me know and the NVG arm attached in the last pic I am also selling. Oh and to add I am trying to secure the newer type 2 LWH by next week. So fingers crossed I will get that one as well and finish that with the desert sided cover so I have the best of both worlds with my display. Cheers, Sean.

My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.

looks superb sean
    Regards James

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast