Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.

Article about: Thanks James! I love this lid, I am already getting the urge to swap the cover round but will try and leave it as it is and display desert on my type 2 if I get it. US kit is just top notch

?

Thanks James! I love this lid, I am already getting the urge to swap the cover round but will try and leave it as it is and display desert on my type 2 if I get it. US kit is just top notch and I can't get enough of collecting the stuff now! Cheers Sean.

?

Good day all! Righteo.. 2nd cover has just arrived, All the way from Houston Texas! Now it is a little more worn & used than described in the ebay listing but really not bothered as it was good for the money including shipping all the way from the good ole USA. Plus the first brand new cover fitted like a dream! Now this one is as stated for medium/large but seems more suited for a large, It looks like it would be quite baggy on a medium. There is some very minor damage, A small hole in the top of the cover to be exact and the print is quite faded on both sides. The construction quality & material etc is exactly as the 1st one but this has the sewn in issue tag. There has been some debate on whether these are genuine issue covers. I cannot say for absolute sure but I am pretty convinced it is. There was a debate on the US militaria forum over these covers and a US marine posted his used in Iraq & Afghanistan with these sewn labels, Mine is almost exactly the same as the ones he posted but minus a makers stamp. It also has the correct NSN for a medium/large cover. See what you think to it. I am happy with it as said. I have commercial covers and they are a long way of this, This is exactly the same as the brand new issue one just with a sewn tag instead of an ink stamp. I may list this on ebay in the next day or two so if anyone is interested give us a shout! Cheers, Sean.

My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.

im loving the worn look to this one sean and now you have the best of both worlds mint and salty
    Regards James

?

Hi Sean, I like the look of the this one bud and prefer them with some wear and tear

?

Thanks guys! I am really fond of the marpat pattern especially the woodland as opposed to the desert actually. After a bit more research yesterday I am in no doubt that it is 100% genuine issue cover as well. Also I don't know if anyone will find this as cool as me, But I love rare reference pics like this one I found while looking for pics of usmc wearing woodland marpat... A US marine getting ready to do a parachute jump and notice the airborne model Pasgt with woodland marpat cover. Cheers, Sean.

My new US Marines Gentex LWH 1st type.

?

Sean that is a very detailed reference picture ,clearly showing the Pasgt with Marpat cover, this only makes me want to add a Marpat cover to my collection, thanks for posting this one buddy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3