Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Netherlands M-95

Article about: Hi Fellow composite fans, here's what I strongly believe to be an Induyco manufactured Dutch M-95, after looking on Greg's site, and identifying the features of a Dutch model I am pretty sur

?

Default Netherlands M-95

Hi Fellow composite fans, here's what I strongly believe to be an Induyco manufactured Dutch M-95, after looking on Greg's site, and identifying the features of a Dutch model I am pretty sure anyway, the clues being the size M on the sweatband and the bolts holding the liner to the shell, there is a stamp in the crown of the shell, which I can just about make out the year and VDN,but have been unable to capture a decent photo of. I attempted to remove the liner by removing the bolts but they proved to be difficult, I was hoping to get the liner out to get a clearer view of the stamp, but alas no joy in that department. As can be seen from my photo's there are no obvious makers mark's etc on the inside of the shell as per normal. Let me know what you think as I would value your input on this matter. There are a number of redacted names on the sweatband , and white size label, which is pleasing as I prefer used pieces, rather than a sterile helmet. Incidentally I have sourced a Dutch DPM cover for this helmet, and will update this thread when I get a chance ( and realistically when it arrives in the post). Thanks for looking, regards Opex

Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95

very nice example opex im so glad you managed to pick one up and of course show here ,i cant tell any differance build wise between this and my german issued b826 ,im now looking forward to hopefully seeing a few rotation photos of all the different covers you have and of course the dpm dutch cover ,i often think the cover is like the french spectra ,perhaps its the rubberised black rim ,i could do with picking one of these covers up myself one day ,thanks for showing mate

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice example opex im so glad you managed to pick one up and of course show here ,i cant tell any differance build wise between this and my german issued b826 ,im now looking forward to hopefully seeing a few rotation photos of all the different covers you have and of course the dpm dutch cover ,i often think the cover is like the french spectra ,perhaps its the rubberised black rim ,i could do with picking one of these covers up myself one day ,thanks for showing mate

Hi James, many thanks and yes there does appear to be very little difference between them and of course it would be interesting to see the helmet decked out in the different covers I have. I will wait for some dry weather and try and get some decent pictures to post up. The Dutch cover does have a lot of similarities to the F2 Spectra cover, apart from the elasticated foliage straps.

?

Well the cover arrived today in the post which was good news, I have popped it on and here's the results, I believe this is a second model cover and I am quite impressed with how it look's now, this particular cover is dated 2001 and is used which is preferable to me.

Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95

wow opex what a great result in completing your helmet ,i bet you are very pleased ,i would be ,you have picked the cover very well and it shows in the nice tight fit like it was meant to be ,very interesting to see the maker syntex ,i have a cover on my french gulf war f1 with this maker now i see your helmet complete i really now want to grab hold of one of these covers ,thanks for the updated pictures ,jamesps how well does it blend in to your ivy covered wall

?

wow opex what a great result in completing your helmet ,i bet you are very pleased ,i would be ,you have picked the cover very well and it shows in the nice tight fit like it was meant to be ,very interesting to see the maker syntex ,i have a cover on my french gulf war f1 with this maker now i see your helmet complete i really now want to grab hold of one of these covers ,thanks for the updated pictures ,jamesps how well does it blend in to your ivy covered wall

Thanks James, yes mate I am pleased with the result and it fit's really well, I would recommend picking one up!

Syntex are Belgium based and make all sort's of military kit , I have many different nations items made by this company.

Following on from our previous discussion regarding the similarities of the Dutch and Spectra F2 covers, I popped one on to further demonstrate this, as well as a few common B826 covers,note the Troperntarn does not blend in with the Ivy at all, and the Flectarn cover need's to lose a few pounds to squeeze into this helmet, thanks for your input Buddy

Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95
    Netherlands M-95

?

Another update, I finally managed to work out how to get the liner out, and found the stamp I was looking for, hopefully this proves this is a Dutch M-95, but which digit relates to the Year Of Manafacture ?

Netherlands M-95

thank you so much opex for doing the honours in the showing of the different nation covers you have ,im impressed ,ive never researched the syntex maker before so ive learnt something new today ,the spectra cover fits a treat ,again another cover i really do need to pick up some day soon ,im no expert but my hunch would say a 97 dated lid but dont quote me on that ,thanks james

?

thank you so much opex for doing the honours in the showing of the different nation covers you have ,im impressed ,ive never researched the syntex maker before so ive learnt something new today ,the spectra cover fits a treat ,again another cover i really do need to pick up some day soon ,im no expert but my hunch would say a 97 dated lid but dont quote me on that ,thanks james

No problem, and thanks for the compliments and inspiration to do so.

My guess was '97 too, so I'm happy to go along with your opinion, thanks again

Quote by Opex View Post
    Another update, I finally managed to work out how to get the liner out, and found the stamp I was looking for, hopefully this proves this is a Dutch M-95, but which digit relates to the Year Of Manafacture ?

Netherlands M-95
    MVD means:
    Ministerie van Defensie (MinDef)

for comparison:
    Netherlands M-95

Dutch Souvenir brought along from Afghanistan