Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Zealand Army PASGT helmet

Article about: A New Zealand Army issue PASGT helmet, with NZ DPM camo helmet cover. These were used by the NZ Army between 2000 and 2009 when they were replaced with the Australian "Enhanced Combat H

Default New Zealand Army PASGT helmet

A New Zealand Army issue PASGT helmet, with NZ DPM camo helmet cover. These were used by the NZ Army between 2000 and 2009 when they were replaced with the Australian "Enhanced Combat Helmet", which I understand is made by the Israeli company Rabintex.

This PASGT from my collection is painted inside and out with a thick layer of matt OD paint, textured on the exterior. Maker marks inside crown just visible, as are the fibres of the kevlar where paint is scratched off inside. I haven't removed the cover to explore more, the cover is fairly faded NZ DPM pattern.

New Zealand Army PASGT helmetNew Zealand Army PASGT helmetNew Zealand Army PASGT helmetNew Zealand Army PASGT helmetNew Zealand Army PASGT helmet

Very nice Anderson! Interesting that the liner & chin strap screws go through the cover.
    This is Aust made yes?

Comparison liner and tag shots.

Early Aust issue US made for comparison, sorry Anderson if I'm going bananas

Not sure of maker as the stamped circular marks are clogged with paint, but the chin straps look US made so may be US manufactured. And it does seem to be an earlier one, as later NZ PASGTs used the chin straps like you show in post #3.

Cheers Anderson, It is a lovely helmet Mate.

Very Nice Example Anderson and i love the NZ DPM cover ,reminds me in some ways of the DPM used by the Netherlands ,My only PASGT helmet from New Zealand i hasten to add is this Armasure Pasgt style composite New Zealand Army PASGT helmetNew Zealand Army PASGT helmet
    Regards James