MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Np aerospace eod helmet

Article about: A fairly recent acquisition that I have just been photographing. It is an unusual thing with some characteristics of the Mk6 and 6A, and many characteristics of other things, including other

Default NP Aerospace EOD helmet

A fairly recent acquisition that I have just been photographing. It is an unusual thing with some characteristics of the Mk6 and 6A, and many characteristics of other things, including other NP helmets. Most noticeable will be the very typical NP 'horns' at the top rear, the exterior protrusions of the rubber rivets.

One genuine bafflement is the purpose of the fabric strap, which has velcro rectangles on its interior side. Its not obvious to me exactly what it is all for. May be something related to the faceplate, for which there are obvious mountings. (NB every photo I have seen of this helmet has that fabric strap, so it can be assumed to be a factory fitting, perhaps. I dunno, really. That's why I'm asking you...). The faceplate mounting blocks are bolted on, and so hard to get off I gave up. With the right tools maybe...

I should point out that my example does not have its label - the picture is taken from another otherwise identical helmet.

More pics can be seen here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UNITED KINGDOM, UK HELMETS, BRITISH helmet, Kevlar helmet - scroll down to or 'find' NATIONAL PLASTICS EOD HELMET.

Np aerospace eod helmet Np aerospace eod helmet

Np aerospace eod helmet Np aerospace eod helmet
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 05-05-2015 at 04:59 PM.

very nice example greg it has a slight rabintex/orlite profile ,the rear webbing would not be required for a fire proof neck protector as im sure this was mounted on the inside rim but some form of material must attach downward from it but for what reason im unsure

Nice EOD helmet you dont see these for sale so often