Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NVG brackets / straps - show yours

Article about: These things fit on all our Compo’s....but do we know enough about them? Do they have designations? What are they? Which country used / uses them? Which Helmet do they fit? What equipment fi

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...what's this from please?

Attachment 1238345Attachment 1238346
    Adrian if memory serves me correct this particular J arm adaptor can be used with the AN/PVS 14 and other NVG scopes as part of a Picatinny rail mount system to attach the scope to a weapon ...
    Regards Mark

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    OK, sticking with bolt-ons for a bit more......

This one's special......a Revision-made bracket fitted to one of the several PECOC helmets trialled by the British Army

Attachment 1231802Attachment 1231803

......it looks kinda familiar right? (come on Mark K...if that's not a set-up for your Virtus I don't know what is!)...

..and sometimes I'm asked "how can you be 100% sure that this is a bracket from the PECOC programme?".......

Attachment 1231804
    Hmmm it does look rather familiar Adrian and is very close in construction characteristics to the current issue bracket on the Virtus Helmet ...

Regards Mark

?

2005 dated US Advanced Combat Helmet system ( ACH ) as produced by MSA sporting a Norotos universal NVG shroud/mount...

Regards Mark

?

Tan coloured Norotos 3- hole low profile shroud and a Norotos 2007 dated AKA2 NVG mount...

Regards Mark

A slight variant on the previous one.....this one's attached via the single central "screw" although it can be attached via three points. I can't get it to spin.

This one is a new one to me....'any ideas?

Could it be a tweeked Air Crew one?...the front legs seem to have been adjusted.......it might be an old SS one.....

NVG brackets / straps - show yoursNVG brackets / straps - show yoursNVG brackets / straps - show yoursNVG brackets / straps - show yoursNVG brackets / straps - show yours

If replying, please allow enough time for me to respond....this thread is just crazy and has kept me busy day and night ever since I started it.......'busy or what? :-)

?

Haha funny I will see what I can find Adrian a new one to me also.

Regards Mark

?

Adrian after some searching about I have found but one example which is a exact copy of the one above it is listed as a Litton PVS-15/18 dovetail ratchet helmet NVG mount GS Ballistic Helmet..
    It states it is an older mount that inspired many of the Wilcox mounts that are seen today and will work with dovetail mount devices like PVS-15 or PVS-18, and is meant to fit onto PASGT Helmet and with some slight modifications it will fit other helmets..

Regards Mark

considering that the Virtus helmet has an integral NVG mounting bracket and that they've been used since 2015 (that's FOUR years!!!) why aren't all the old British Army NVG mounting plates and straps in bargain bins at every Fair in the UK?

........perhaps War & Peace???????

?

Warrior Helmet model 2415 as produced by Specialty Defence Systems ( SDS ) this particular helmet is sporting a NVG helmet mount as manufactured by Cadex Defence it is divided in two sections:
    The Helmet mount strap kit and the NVG flip-up mount this system is designed to convert a standard ballistic helmet to an optic integrated helmet system.
    The design of the strap kit allows it to be attached on any helmet shell available on the market and without drilling any holes in the ballistic shell the rear bracket includes a mounting point for attaching accessories such as a battery pack or counter-weight.
    The strap ratchet system allows the user to install and remove the strap easily and rapidly.
    It can be installed on a wide range of helmet sizes, including thickness the weight of the helmet mount is distributed uniformly to reduce the pressure on the neck of the user.

The NVG flip-up mount is designed to be the most versatile mount on the market it can be rapidly attached and removed from the helmet attachment shroud.
    The vertical, horizontal, and the tilt adjustment allow the user to adjust the optics perfectly to his eye and the interchangeable dovetail and bayonet adapter permit mounting a wide range of optics.
    A magnet located in each adaptor activates or deactivates the night vision to prevent illuminating the user, and is hands free operation also the flip-up/flip-down mechanism is designed in such a way that the optic can be rotated rapidly and easily from the eye without pushing on any button. A tensioning knob located on the side permit to adjust the force required to flip-up/flip-down the optics.
    The locking system is also designed with locking teeth that eliminate free play in the pivot joint.

The Nylon ST-801 polymer material gives to the Cadex NVG helmet mount a rigid and lightweight design.
    This material is resistant to adverse elements such as rain, snow, sand, and salt the system has already proven to be resistant to wear and tear under operational conditions.
    The non-metallic construction reduces the noise of the system because it will absorb the vibration when the user moves and the non-reflective surface improves the camouflage of the helmet.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVG brackets / straps - show yours   NVG brackets / straps - show yours  

NVG brackets / straps - show yours   NVG brackets / straps - show yours  

NVG brackets / straps - show yours   NVG brackets / straps - show yours  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast