Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One of the very first compostite helmets!

Article about: I would like to show one of my recent acquisitions. A Danish Motor Torpedo Boat crew helmet, entirely made of fibreglass! Sources differ a bit on this helmet, regarding year of production an

Super Helmet! My list of composites to get just keeps growing! Thanks for sharing!

?

Very nice, and without wishing to paraphrase to much, I have never see or heard of this particular Danish helmet.

I am glad you posted this one, as it has raised our awareness of this specific composite helmet, great information supplied to!

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice, and without wishing to paraphrase to much, I have never see or heard of this particular Danish helmet.

I am glad you posted this one, as it has raised our awareness of this specific composite helmet, great information supplied to!
    Well it makes you wonder what else is left out there. Unbeknownst to us.
    I am only happy that I am able to raise awareness about this helmet, since I think it would be a shame if anyone believed it was a "fantasy" item, or a child's plaything and tossed it out... They only made 2500 shells, and they are not growing in numbers.

If anyone is interested, the most common version found on the market (that I've been able to find) at the moment is "shell only" - un-issued examples without the liner. Problem being, that most sellers don't know what they are selling to begin with, and they are horrible mislabelled. However they often sell for quite reasonable prices because of this

?

Great lid. I like the ear cut-outs.
    Lol regarding the horns, Ned! That's a common misconception about us Vikings. I think that idea was started in the opera and Wagner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2