Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pasgt

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, I thought you might like to see this helmet, it follow's the famous Pasgt profile, but has a completely different suspension system than the usual Pasgt, I could only d

?

I found this Polish soldier reference picture,not sure if this is a Polish model of helmet or similar to mine?

Pasgt

great pic opex ,have you settled on a which helmet cover to put on it yet or will you just admire it in its unclad form seeing as it has a nice paint finish
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    great pic opex ,have you settled on a which helmet cover to put on it yet or will you just admire it in its unclad form seeing as it has a nice paint finish

Thanks James, I found the picture whilst researching these models in use by Polish forces, which I am slowly finding out more about, I found a reference to GROM forces wearing them, and found many examples of said SF wearing these type of helmets!

As for the cover, great minds think alike, I was thinking about this over the weekend. I have a spare Woodland Pasgt cover which I assume would fit nicely, I also have Choc chip covers would might look good too, but I am also thinking maybe a Polish Camo cover...ah choices ,choices

?

Hi james, well here's a quick attempt , I am pleasantly surprised at how well this cover fit's, I tried a CCE Spectra cover but clearly the peak on the Spectra must protrude out more than this one does,as it did not fit very well
    Pasgt
    Pasgt

perfect
    Regards James

?

Hi fellow collectors I found this information on-line recently ref: The Global Armour PASGT Helmet, as I suspected they are worn by Polish troops , information and pictures courtesy of Michael Szafran.

"Some time ago I presented a brief history of the U.S. PASGT Kevlar helmet. This time, I will describe the South African copy of this model. Global Armour produces local variation PASGT helmet.
    Helmet in the pictures is unique because it was used by the Polish Army in Afghanistan. Soldiers riding on a mission to receive a certain amount to buy their own equipment. Some of them buy helmets. Frequently seen in the pictures MICH type models \ ACH. The phenomenon of buying your own equipment is found in many armies serving in areas of intense military action. In my opinion, if a soldier believes that rationing equipment does not meet his expectations (in terms of ergonomics, ballistics), should have the possibility of its conversion".

"PASGT Helmet Armour Global production has been modified by a Polish person. Applied lining of the helmet shape. , 2005. Remaining elements of the interior fittings were unchanged compared to the original model.
    Finally, I would like to express my appreciation and respect for all the soldiers of the Polish Army participating in missions abroad. Especially those who have modified their helmets, making them unique copies."

Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt

That's very interesting. But it does make me wonder why the Polish troops think their own helmets are inadequate. From what I can see the 2000 and 2005 are certainly as well made and comfortable as any commercial product from GA or anyone else. Mind you I do not know about relative protective properties, so that may be the USP. Can you give a citation for the information you found? (May I ask that anyone who says something like "I found on the web..." actually tells us all *where* they found it - there may be other useful knowledge in the same vicinity!)

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    That's very interesting. But it does make me wonder why the Polish troops think their own helmets are inadequate. From what I can see the 2000 and 2005 are certainly as well made and comfortable as any commercial product from GA or anyone else. Mind you I do not know about relative protective properties, so that may be the USP. Can you give a citation for the information you found? (May I ask that anyone who says something like "I found on the web..." actually tells us all *where* they found it - there may be other useful knowledge in the same vicinity!)

Hi Greg, I am not sure why the Polish troops wore these models other than what Michael Szafran has mentioned about "Soldiers riding on a mission to receive a certain amount to buy their own equipment, Some of them buy helmets". As you stated I do not know either about the ballistic properties of the specific Polish issued models?
    Salient point though I did forget to mention which site I found this information on, so here is the link, you got a mention also on the bottom of his page which just goes to show it's a very small world we live in, clearly I am not the only collector out there who appreciates your site Greg!

Od waszego fotokorespondenta: Global Armour PASGT Helmet

great piece of information and well researched ,here's a referance picture and im wondering if one of these could very well be like yoursPasgt
    Regards James

?

great piece of information and well researched ,here's a referance picture and im wondering if one of these could very well be like yoursPasgt

Hi James, many thanks for your input and this excellent reference picture, not sure but going on the information of Polish troops wearing GA Pasgt one of these troops could be wearing one? On a side note I really like the Polish Desert uniform which really blends in very well with the backdrop, I might keep my eye out for a Polish Desert cover for my Helmet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast