Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

rabintex orlite 201

Article about: this israeli made composite is widely marketed for export as the m1976/85 there was a model previous to this ,the m76 ,now this is were it gets slightly confusing perhaps it may be purely co

?

Quote by James C View Post
    post away opex ,i dont mind at all ,its always nice to see other examplesyou can definately see the ripstop material on that cover ,i like the used look as in the same as my cover the elasticated bands have stretched ,i notice this seems to happen more easily than on the brit mk6 covers ,what size would you say yours is ,mines large ,i had another example but sold on ,it was a size small and looked deminutive amongst the displays, thanks for the comps on the current helmet scheme and the backdrop ,i think it just adds to a better veiwing experiance ,the sunny weather did help though ,yours blends in very well too ,ill look forward to seeing yours in the israeli guise
    Thanks James, well spotted with the Ripstop cover, and yes the elastic foliage straps do appear to be stretched on the Irish covers, which are amazingly similar to the Mk6 style,I wonder if they were made by Coonen Watts or Seyntex, mine has no makers label. The shell is a Small/Medium I assume as again there are no discernible legible labels to be seen.

I am definitely inspired by your Israeli look, so will be digging through my box of supplies to see if I can source a suitable size net and inner tube,sadly the weather has taken a turn for the worse today ,so will not be able to achieve any outside shots like yours!

Thanks again buddy

?

Another top lid James and I have to say it displays so well with the Israeli setup. Such a desirable looking helmet. Top man Opex for sorting out the band! Cheers, Sean.

opex ill look forward to seeing the results ,size small medium is just right and will make for a good display im sure ,its funny but the british covers are interchangable yet the orlite profile in my opinion is more us mich in design,i also i notice during my research that on exercise the idf like to use us helmet covers see here woodland and choc chip which i find interesting rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    opex ill look forward to seeing the results ,size small medium is just right and will make for a good display im sure ,its funny but the british covers are interchangable yet the orlite profile in my opinion is more us mich in design,i also i notice during my research that on exercise the idf like to use us helmet covers see here woodland and choc chip which i find interesting rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Sometimes you see Israeli troops in full woodland uniforms James!....

?

[QUOTE=James C;1175877]opex ill look forward to seeing the results ,size small medium is just right and will make for a good display im sure ,its funny but the british covers are interchangable yet the orlite profile in my opinion is more us mich in design,i also i notice during my research that on exercise the idf like to use us helmet covers see here woodland and choc chip which i find interesting.

No worries I am working on sourcing a suitable net, I have some innertubes,so will post away when I can, also good point ref the interchangeability of the cover's, I prefer the profile of the Orlite over the Mk6, which always look's very high on the head.

I was not aware the Israelis wore US covers on their helmets ,so thanks for heads up on that, I cannot zoom in on the photo's but do you know what helmets the guy's using the woodland covers are using... Pasgt's ?, either way great reference photo's!

Thanks again for your input buddy ,kind regards Opex

thanks paul your are spot on with the us bdu ,hi opex i think you are right on these being the latter pasgt style i had a surplus brit nbc boot and found it ideal to cover more of the helmet ,i also added some us googles ,the idf gentex esp issue goggles are way too expensive at over £250rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Last edited by James C; 04-24-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Regards James

?

Hi James, great result, again this is spurring me on to recreate something similar. I have used NBC boots on helmets too and can say I have been impressed with the versatility of them,being cheap and super stretchy. And it also comforting in that this is /was a genuine use of this material on helmets,I purchased in the past quite a few Mk6 helmets with NBC rubber on them!

I am amazed at the price of the IDF goggles too, so I can see why you used the US versions!!!!!!

On a side note , good use of the beer bottle too, I hope you sat back and admired your latest project whilst enjoying that beer

thanks opexyour right those nbc boot offcuts are super stretchy and easier to apply than the innertubing ,ive also seen a few mk6 helmets utilising this method ,the goggles command high prices and i believe its the bundeswehrs goggle of choice too albiet in black not idf green ,i did indeed sample the beer ,it was in danger of evaporating
    Regards James

?

Nice helmets, one of my personal favourites and the only composite in my collection. I bought this one back from Israel, my brother-in-law passed it on to me at the end of his service so I know some of it's history. He now uses a PASGT on reserve duty, he tells me they prefer it because it is lighter.

I've added the pictures of mine below.

James, to try an answer you export or not export question, generally export equipment is not marked in Hebrew, with these helmets the labels are are under the resin coat so don't come off, if they are not there then it is likely export. If they have the 'Tzadik' stamp, then they are IDF issued. Another pointer is that these helmets often have multiple names written in them, for some reason you rarely see a personal ID number in them.

Steve.

rabintex orlite 201

rabintex orlite 201

rabintex orlite 201

rabintex orlite 201

rabintex orlite 201

rabintex orlite 201

that is a real nice example steve ,thank you for showing and explaining the differences on the export modelsmine shows multiple owner scribblings but all have been penned out in black ink also there is a square sticker gum mark roughly where you hebrew label is ,thanks for your appreciated help and nice to learn more about these great helmets rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Regards James

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast