Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SAS AC/100 Composite helmet

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors, I thought you might be interested in seeing this AC/100 Composite Helmet from my collection, this is the type worn by British Special Forces / SAS. Feel free to comment

?

Hi Greg, sorry for the delay I have been waiting desperately for the weather to allow me to take some outside shots of this helmet.I have tried sending the pictures via your website but it failed!

Information.

This AC/100 was bought a few years ago in a large surplus store which is located next to a large naval base in my home town, the owner of the Business could not shed any light on it's provenance other than it might be a "Police helmet or SAS"?

Having weighted the helmet I can confirm it is 3489 grammes. The cheek guards are removable as they are attached with Allen key bolts.The visor is also removable with the standard twist style fixing. The nomenclature featuring on the label is as follows:

National Plastics
    Name-
    No.-
    Type- AC/100
    Serial No- 280088
    Size-large.
    Coventry UK

There is script penned onto the inside of the visor MOWBS, though I have no idea whether this is the original owners name ?

Other than this information and the pictures provided I have no evidence it was used by a Special Forces operative, however the National Plastics website at the time of purchase stated these models were used by British Special Forces, as well as sold to foreign countries for similar usage.

I hope the pictures are adequate for your website, so feel to "lift " them from here.

Kind regards

Gary.

Superb, Gary, thank you VERY much. I do appreciate your effort a lot. Good pictsures, showing all the important bits. Good man. (I'll stop now for fear of embarrassing you.) Anyway, I can easily extract the pics from here, so expect to see them on CompoSite soon, maybe even later today. And thanks too for the extra information. This is the sort of thing CompoSite needs - contributions always welcome.

I'm not quite getting what you mean about sending the picture via the website, but never mind, the best way to send me stuff is always going to be [email protected]

Thanks again!

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Superb, Gary, thank you VERY much. I do appreciate your effort a lot. Good pictsures, showing all the important bits. Good man. (I'll stop now for fear of embarrassing you.) Anyway, I can easily extract the pics from here, so expect to see them on CompoSite soon, maybe even later today. And thanks too for the extra information. This is the sort of thing CompoSite needs - contributions always welcome.

I'm not quite getting what you mean about sending the picture via the website, but never mind, the best way to send me stuff is always going to be [email protected]

Thanks again!
    Hi Greg, absolutely no problem at all and I actually feel rather pleased that one of my composites will be featuring on your excellent website, so everyone's a winner here I feel.

I think the security measures on my personal email stops me from sending to some email account's, so that perhaps is why the pictures bounced back yesterday from the gostak account, but if you can use these pictures that's great, I look forward to seeing them on your website some time.

kind regards and keep up the hard work, Gary.

thanks gary ive been looking over the profile of this helmet, im just wondering if im on my own here but i see a likeness to the russian 6b7 composite ?what do you reckon ,cheers james

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary ive been looking over the profile of this helmet, im just wondering if im on my own here but i see a likeness to the russian 6b7 composite ?what do you reckon ,cheers james
    Hi James, yes I can see the slight resemblance, I guess it is the super thick perspex visor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2