Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

serbian m89 composite

Article about: i posted a thread about this m1989 helmet a while back but thought id show again with better pictures ,it must be made of kevlar as you can see the weave where the paint has peeled away from

Default serbian m89 composite

i posted a thread about this m1989 helmet a while back but thought id show again with better pictures ,it must be made of kevlar as you can see the weave where the paint has peeled away from the shell ,the only ink stamp mark is this strange looking circular emblem serbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 composite

?

Beautiful example, I particularly like the "tigerstripe" cover, which I believe was worn by Military police units ??

I have the woodland cover to match this helmet, but I am pleased for you that you have this cover , as they are not common,good one James

many thanks opex ,yes i believe you are correct on the units who use/used this pattern cover ,its quite a striking design and a bit different from the norm ,and i always have an eye for something different ,thanks for looking mate

"The blue tiger stripe or blue lizard pattern (also called purple tiger or purple lizard) was used extensively by the Serbian police, originally introduced 1992 when the nation was still Yugoslavia. Since 1997 this was worn as field uniform by all police officers for riot control, field exercises and during the conflict in Kosovo."

A quote from Camopedia!...

thanks paul for the info regarding the cover ,i was very impressed by your knowledge on this cammo untill i saw your disclaimer lol at least i know more about now than i did a while back ,cheers as always for your help james

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks paul for the info regarding the cover ,i was very impressed by your knowledge on this cammo untill i saw your disclaimer lol at least i know more about now than i did a while back ,cheers as always for your help james
    It's a pretty good site for camo mate!..

a small update to the m89 ,its funny really but sometimes i look over helmets ive had in my collection for years and they still throw up the odd surprise i was wondering why the decal had a smaller raised circle underneath so my inquisitive mind decided to have a looky and there underneath was this decal ,its not a decal insignia im familiar with so if anybody could kindly shed some light ,cheers jamesserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 compositeserbian m89 composite
    Regards James

Hello James,

This is the Yugoslovenska Armija decal.

Have a look at this site: .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 59/85 expérimental :.

Cheers,
    Emile

many thanks for clearing up my question emile
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast