Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SF used Protec Bump Helmet

Article about: I was very happy to receive this Protec Bump Helmet that is said to have been SF used as part of a grouping that I purchased last month from an advanced US collector and I am just starting t

?

Default SF used Protec Bump Helmet

I was very happy to receive this Protec Bump Helmet that is said to have been SF used as part of a grouping that I purchased last month from an advanced US collector and I am just starting to photograph them now this of course is the full uncut version and it has been over painted in desert tans and shows extensive use with abrasions scrapes and scuffs to the exterior of the helmet body just the way I like them used and not abused...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SF used Protec Bump Helmet   SF used Protec Bump Helmet  

SF used Protec Bump Helmet   SF used Protec Bump Helmet  

SF used Protec Bump Helmet  

First for me Mark,oh well makes a change from raw steel,so what is it again?and whats SF mean!yeh well gotta ask haven't I.............

?

Hi Jake Protec Bump helmets were used by US Special Forces ,Delta and Navy Seals for many years and saw extensive service in Mogadishu, Panama and during the first Gulf War to name a few and can be seen in period images being used in this configuration with the black liner shown in this example and a water friendly white foam liner as well...
    There was also cut down version and the ear protectors were removed ...
    The cut down version can be seen being used in the film Black Hawk Down by the Delta team members...

Regards Mark