Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ukrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?

Article about: I acquired this so-called "Ukrainian helmet" from an auction....it was very cheap and when I eventually got my hands on it it was clearly a Polish Wz something or other. A helmet I

Default Ukrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?

I acquired this so-called "Ukrainian helmet" from an auction....it was very cheap and when I eventually got my hands on it it was clearly a Polish Wz something or other. A helmet I already had. But tucked inside was the "second cover" which actually turned out to be what I assume is a Ukrainian Pilots helmet bag.

This helmet has taken me back to the days of the "Great Ukranian Composite Helmet Grab" when teams of women were buying up all the Composites they could...that MUST'VE happened in other countries....perhaps Poland too???

'thoughts?

Ukrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?Ukrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?Ukrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?

"Lomax" doesn't sound very Ukrainian....or Polish come to think of it!

From the look of the liner it looks like a Wz 93, the camo cover is Polish desert Pantera pattern.
    As for the name Lomax there have been US mercenaries/volunteers fighting alongside the Ukrainian forces, that might explain the name.

Thank you...I obviously wasn’t clear. I know what it is.....I’m interested in what members think about the claimed Ukrainian link.

Quote by Composite View Post
    Thank you...I obviously wasn’t clear. I know what it is.....I’m interested in what members think about the claimed Ukrainian link.
    I'd be very surprised if these older Polish lids hadn't been used in the Ukraine.

Nice lid Ade ,and thanks Paul for positively identifying the model type ,i thought it was the early Polish compo after the steel pots so the Wz 93 ,i have one in the pile someplace ,Adrian i wouldn't be surprised if used by Ukraine as i have seen the General service Mk6 in use also amongst other lids ,nice find and thanks for sharing
    Regards James

The helmet bag looks very similar in pattern to this Ukrainian dubok cover of mine AdeUkrainian-used Polish Compo - thoughts?
    Regards James