Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

United Arab Emirates Helmet

Article about: by Opex I agree this UAE helmet, has some striking SA M87 attributes, I look forward to finding out more about this piece. As do i, i cant seem to find much on it though except some pictures

Default United Arab Emirates Helmet

Just thought i would share with you a little gift i collected from the post office this morning from fellow forum member Tango (great guy!)

He picked me up this United Arab Emirates helmet which is going to be displayed by my other middle east and gulf war helmets. Certainly not one i could have easily come by on the internet so thank you very very much

Much lighter than the American PASGT and more crudely made. Will upload some pics of it with my other helmets tomorrow when i have made some space for it.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture United Arab Emirates Helmet   United Arab Emirates Helmet  

United Arab Emirates Helmet  

?

Default Re: United Arab Emirates Helmet

Nice looking helmet kinda looks like a German m42

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    Nice looking helmet kinda looks like a German m42
    Thank you, the pictures dont really show it but it is just like the American PASGT.

An interesting and unusual helmet.

?

Very rare and equally unusual helmet, reminds me off the South African equivalent, is there any makers marks at all ,I would be very keen to learn more about this example. I collect UAE uniforms and webbing, so this helmet is of particular interest to me.

Opex.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very rare and equally unusual helmet, reminds me off the South African equivalent, is there any makers marks at all ,I would be very keen to learn more about this example. I collect UAE uniforms and webbing, so this helmet is of particular interest to me.

Opex.
    Hello! Thanks for the reply. No Makers marks unfortunately and quite a small size, 3 point chin strap and overall a very basic design really.

?

Hello V no problems at all with the helmet..happy to help out & glad you like it....Cheers Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello V no problems at all with the helmet..happy to help out & glad you like it....Cheers Terry
    Thank you Terry! I genuinely love it! James equally likes it which is just as well as he's living with it aswell, so thank you from both of us

Although I have no documentary evidence to prove it I am *sure* this is an export South African M87 (see Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH AFRICAN helmet, Kevlar helmet or Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UAE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES helmet, Kevlar helmet or .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 87 :. ).

Other SA M87s have been seen used elsewhere, though they have not been exported anywhere near as much as the US PASGT or subsequent models, or the German B826, come to that. There is also a *very* heavy (much thicker shell) version which may be purely test only - see lower on the first page cited previously.

?

I agree this UAE helmet, has some striking SA M87 attributes, I look forward to finding out more about this piece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast