Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US Composite Helmets.

Article about: fair play sean that was a very nice gesture so well done ,the pasgt sure does look great ,im undecided which side i prefer as i like them both

?

Default US Composite Helmets.

Hi Fellow collectors.As there seems to be a slow trickle of composite helmets flowing into this section, I thought you might like to see a few of my kevlar helmets for discussion.Thanks for looking, Opex.

US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.
    US Composite Helmets.

wow opex ,what a great collection of my favorite composites ,the pasgt's ,all are individual in there own way ,the owners inscription is a bonus on the oif lid ,my favorite is hard to choose ,i like them all ,well done ,i really must bite the bullet and buy a mich someday ,many thanks for taking the time to photograph and post here ,regards james

Great looking helmets there Opex, i love the classic woodland and the choc chip but what the hell were the powers that be thinking of with that ACU!.....

?

Quote by James C View Post
    wow opex ,what a great collection of my favorite composites ,the pasgt's ,all are individual in there own way ,the owners inscription is a bonus on the oif lid ,my favorite is hard to choose ,i like them all ,well done ,i really must bite the bullet and buy a mich someday ,many thanks for taking the time to photograph and post here ,regards james

Thanks for looking and your kind words James, my personal favourite is the Desert Storm Pasgt, the chinstrap is missing,but I have been reluctant to replace it as I want to keep original , the cover has the original owners name/number on it which I am pleased about.

The ACH was an expensive addition at the time, and whilst I am not a massive fan of contemporary helmets as such, it does look great on display ( well if I had space to display it that is !)

Thanks again ,and much appreciated.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great looking helmets there Opex, i love the classic woodland and the choc chip but what the hell were the powers that be thinking of with that ACU!.....

Thanks for looking Gunny, that's a very good point the pattern is questionable, and a camo I never quite understood, in terms of what environment it realistically suited!!!

I do have a tigerstripe cover for this helmet, which I purchased for a US SF display!

My favourite pattern has and always will be choc chip, as it just's screams Desert storm!!!!!

Thanks again for looking and the comments,much appreciated.

Quote by Opex View Post
    Thanks for looking Gunny, that's a very good point the pattern is questionable, and a camo I never quite understood, in terms of what environment it realistically suited!!!

I do have a tigerstripe cover for this helmet, which I purchased for a US SF display!

My favourite pattern has and always will be choc chip, as it just's screams Desert storm!!!!!

Thanks again for looking and the comments,much appreciated.
    When ACU first appeared i honestly thought it was some kind of subdued urban camo, when i found out it was a multi environment pattern i was amazed. Hey i love that tiger stripe pattern as well it's a real blast from the past!......BTW you are a really polite guy, it's a shame a few others here don't follow suit!....

Nice lids opex,sorry paul i'll keep my mouth shut in future......

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    So you should!...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    When ACU first appeared i honestly thought it was some kind of subdued urban camo, when i found out it was a multi environment pattern i was amazed. Hey i love that tiger stripe pattern as well it's a real blast from the past!......BTW you are a really polite guy, it's a shame a few others here don't follow suit!....

Good point Gunny, like you I assumed it was an urban specific pattern, at least it was finally replaced with Multi-cam, which is now the most copied pattern out there it would appear.

Oh and thanks, I do try to be polite, if someone has taken the time to leave a comment for me I genuinely appreciate it. I never quite understand why someone would be impolite ??

And yes Tigerstripe now that's a classic pattern, much copied but cool nevertheless

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post

Many thanks again, much appreciated.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast