Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US Composite Helmets.

Article about: fair play sean that was a very nice gesture so well done ,the pasgt sure does look great ,im undecided which side i prefer as i like them both

not to go to off topic but some people can be very to the point with say a one word reply ,i always like to try and back up my reply with some meaning ,after all, we are all here to learn from each other , can i ask what the tricolour desert pattern pasgt has in the crown in woodland ,is it a google cover of some sort ,cheers james

Quote by James C View Post
    not to go to off topic but some people can be very to the point with say a one word reply ,i always like to try and back up my reply with some meaning ,after all, we are all here to learn from each other , can i ask what the tricolour desert pattern pasgt has in the crown in woodland ,is it a google cover of some sort ,cheers james
    You know what James i'm glad you asked that because i was wondering too!...

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Err yes, there are many people who in my experience ( on other forums specifically) leave a one word comment like " Nice" or "cool" , uttter laziness , some do not even bother to use capital letters in the appropriate places ( oh sorry ,that's the Teacher coming out in me) LOL,and more LOL

Anyway back to Helmets, the woodland piece is another Pasgt cover stuffed inside, I have seen examples of this type of thing in the past ,especially in the first Gulf war, where the troops were issued the Choc Chip cover, and put the originally issued woodland cover inside, somewhere to put a spare cover I guess.

Thanks for your query James, which has actually given me something to look into, in that I think the three colour cover might be an early version, I will have to check, the helmets are back in their box now!!

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    You know what James i'm glad you asked that because i was wondering too!...
    Yes, sorry Gunny I should have explained about the camo inside, when I try and add to much text on my post's the photo's seem to affected!

Regards.

?

I quite like the 'chocolate chip' camo.

I'm a huge fan of the ACU camo - I just think it looks good and initially though it a good concept for all kinds of terrain (not just urban enviroments).

Sadly it did not prove its mettle.

Too bad, that not all good looking camo designs work as intended - but hey, at least the couch potatoes can put it to good use (PIC) :-)

Arid A-Tacs and MarPat are the new black in my book..., but what the heck do I know......

I find the Swiss 'Alpenflage' quirky, though it looks like someone ate Osso Buco and upchucked on a military jacket....

SITKA makes a great camo pattern for hunting, but I digress.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Composite Helmets.  

On the subject of digital camo do you have an airforce ABU cover Opex?...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    On the subject of digital camo do you have an airforce ABU cover Opex?...
    Gunny, what do you think of of the USAF ABU camo?

Personally, I think it one of the worst camo designs ever.

Why of why did every service in the in the US think is prudent to have ones own camo design!!! Some of them horrid!
    (Rhetorical question; I know, I know; service pride - tax payers foot the bill).

At least some seems to have regarined their senses.

Strangely enough i'm wearing a pair of ABU pants as we speak which my daughter bought for me, i'm honestly not too keen on the pattern myself but i've read that they do break up the outline of a person better than ACU.
    Not a real fan of any digital camo to tell the truth apart from desert marpat!...

?

I quite agree.

I likewise have some digital camo items, which i keep around for sentimental reasons (a camelback ACU BFM rucksack bought when on a tour in the sand box and a ACU patrol cap with my rank insignia from Kabul). Doesnt matter to me, that ACU has now been denounced as being not effective in a combat situation, as I dont plan on wearing ACU in such a situation in the future.

Wear what ever you like - a gift from your daugther is precious and 'sans pareil.'

opex you have a nice collection of kevlar helmets there. and covers. im not very knowledgeable on these helmets or covers. so thanks for posting yours. and getting a little bit of a discussion going on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast