Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

US Composite Helmets.

Article about: fair play sean that was a very nice gesture so well done ,the pasgt sure does look great ,im undecided which side i prefer as i like them both

im with you gunny on your last posting ,im a big fan of desert marpat too ,now there's a digital cammo that works a treat,if only i could fit a marpat cover to my earlier pasgt ,thanks for the explanation with the woodland cover tucked away opex,it makes perfect sense ,and a nice little bonus to boot

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    I quite like the 'chocolate chip' camo.

I'm a huge fan of the ACU camo - I just think it looks good and initially though it a good concept for all kinds of terrain (not just urban enviroments).

Sadly it did not prove its mettle.

Too bad, that not all good looking camo designs work as intended - but hey, at least the couch potatoes can put it to good use (PIC) :-)

Arid A-Tacs and MarPat are the new black in my book..., but what the heck do I know......

I find the Swiss 'Alpenflage' quirky, though it looks like someone ate Osso Buco and upchucked on a military jacket....

SITKA makes a great camo pattern for hunting, but I digress.......
    Many thanks for looking Scout, I have seen that reference picture before, it always amazes me how ACU blends into the chintz sofa bizzare!!

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    On the subject of digital camo do you have an airforce ABU cover Opex?...
    Hi Gunny, no I do not have a Helmet cover in this pattern, but I do have a number of garments in ABU, my favourite item in a ABU waterproof Parka, which is pretty nifty, but not breathable at all which lets it down.

Regards

?

Quote by James C View Post
    im with you gunny on your last posting ,im a big fan of desert marpat too ,now there's a digital cammo that works a treat,if only i could fit a marpat cover to my earlier pasgt ,thanks for the explanation with the woodland cover tucked away opex,it makes perfect sense ,and a nice little bonus to boot
    Desert Marpat is one of my favourite patterns, I managed to source a complete uniform through a trade a number of years ago,but I have yet to add a Marpat cover, and thanks for the query regarding the woodland cover James.

?

If I still owned it I'd have posted up pics of my MICH that I got from a member of the teams. I think it had seen some use in Iraq nd came with some nice extras but I sold it on as I wanted to concentrate more on WW2 rather than modern stuff, but all that aside that is a very nice collection you've got there.

Thanks for sharing it

Cheers

Jon

?

Quote by FJR6 View Post
    If I still owned it I'd have posted up pics of my MICH that I got from a member of the teams. I think it had seen some use in Iraq nd came with some nice extras but I sold it on as I wanted to concentrate more on WW2 rather than modern stuff, but all that aside that is a very nice collection you've got there.

Thanks for sharing it

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for looking Jon, sounds like an interesting helmet you had there, composites are a side line of mine, I mainly concentrate on all things "steel" generally. My ACH was an expensive addition and in retrospect would now preferred to have purchased a decent F/S F/B M1 with the cash!!

Regards.

?

Thanks. Yeah, the pic is an oldie. Still cracks me up.

The ABU waterproof parka sounds nice.

My only gripe about my coyote 'Spectre' rain jacket from TADgear is likewise that it doesnt breathe.

Other than that its the best, Ive ever have had.

?

"The ABU waterproof parka sounds nice.

My only gripe about my coyote 'Spectre' rain jacket from TADgear is likewise that it doesnt breathe."

Hi, yes, the lack of breath-ability is a pain, my ABU Improved Rainsuit parka would be far superior if made of Goretex.

I have a number of the US ECWS Goretex parka's which are fantastic , shame the ABU version is not of a similar specification!!!

Regards.

Other than that its the best, Ive ever have had.[/QUOTE]

Hi Opex, i have a pair of ECWS Desert tri-colour desert camo pants, i use them in wet weather on my motorbike and it has to rain bloody heavily before i get wet. Why do you think the ABU wet gear isn't made from goretex? the cost maybe?...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hi Opex, i have a pair of ECWS Desert tri-colour desert camo pants, i use them in wet weather on my motorbike and it has to rain bloody heavily before i get wet. Why do you think the ABU wet gear isn't made from goretex? the cost maybe?...
    Hi Gunny, I totally agree the ECWS is fantastic gear, I am really not sure why the ABU issued wet weather gear was not Goretex, it does not make any sense as Army/Marine issue gear that predated ABU was available in Goretex??

Cost cutting exercise??

Regards,Opex.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast