MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Usmc marpat cover genuine??

Article about: Hi all! I received a few bits today including this desert marpat usmc PASGT cover (Pictures below). Now I know many think they did not make marpat cover's for the PASGT but I know for certai

?

Default Usmc marpat cover genuine??

Hi all! I received a few bits today including this desert marpat usmc PASGT cover (Pictures below). Now I know many think they did not make marpat cover's for the PASGT but I know for certain they did. But this one has no makers/contract stamp inside and I think what looks like some sort of green issue label has been torn out. It has an EGA mark but anything can be reproduced these days! Anyone able to give me any more insight please? I have looked on U.S. helmet covers and he displays one exactly the same with apparently no makers mark and EGA stamp but I cant help but think something is not right. Thanks & Regards Sean.

Usmc marpat cover genuine??Usmc marpat cover genuine??

?

I am beginning to think this is a fake. I didn't pay much for it so not to bothered in that sense but the guy said when I quizzed him on more than a few occasions it is definitely genuine issue from US which will only serve to irritate me if it is confirmed as fake! Also forgot to mention that any eagle eyed members viewing the pictures the cover is on a larger helmet than its meant for lol

I believe these were made up for a contract that never went through, or as sample pieces to show the ability of the company to produce to standard. They follow the standard pasgt pattern, and I'm pretty sure the fabric is genuine. (There is fake fabric out there with fake EGA integrated.) the new reversible covers use tags of a different sort. I know there were single side woodland m88 covers made too so there would have been desert made as we'll. usmc rarely throws anything away and I'm sure non combat troops are still getting pasgt helmets, or were during the early marpat issue days. So, issue, probably not, but genuine, yes.

?

Hi cammobunker! Thanks for your reply I do though believe it to almost certainly to be fake now though. Check this link..USMC helmet covers - original or copy ? You have to scroll down a fair bit to see the ones like mine but they are identical with removed green tags and exact same construction posted as fakes. Regards, Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi cammobunker! Thanks for your reply I do though believe it to almost certainly to be fake now though. Check this link..USMC helmet covers - original or copy ? You have to scroll down a fair bit to see the ones like mine but they are identical with removed green tags and exact same construction posted as fakes. Regards, Sean.
    True, I've seen that. We know that non reversible covers were made. Most of the helmet covers out there now are the woodland to desert type for the lightweight helmet. Usually this type of thing isn't worth copying as a fake to deceive but for the airsofters /paintballers. The one you have seems really overly well made for that, and honestly what faker cuts the tags out of the item???
    Look at the cheap made china copies are put together. Crappy sewing quality, non standard cut, etc. Now look at yours. Proper cut, correct sewing (especially the foliage button hole reinforcements). Now look at the tag remnant and compare the material to known complete tags you have.
    These do not command the price point to "fake to deceive" to this level.

?

Hi cammobunker! Yeah I know what you mean I was examining it again last night and it is so hard to say, The construction is practically identical to genuine marked PASGT covers I have and the print does look genuine and too well made like you say to be a fake but there is just this incurable itch I have that its not right usually all covers are marked and as for the tag I have never had another PASGT cover with a tag like that. I would take a picture of the tag but the helmet cover is still on the helmet and it just looks exactly like the ones posted in the previous link, I have a few more pics here for anyone to see and make observations! I guess I should just be happy with it at least for now I didn't exactly get ripped off with price and I emailed the guy last night and again he swears its genuine issue from US. Regards. Sean.

Usmc marpat cover genuine??Usmc marpat cover genuine??Usmc marpat cover genuine??