Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Vehicle Crew Helmets - show yours

Article about: Thought it was about time we show this topic some respect....so get your bone domes out!

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks Ade and Rich A ,the closest i can find to a similar applied paint finish direct to the shell is this flight helmet of the American Fighter Ace Colonel Robin Olds allthough it's not in the 6 colour desert pattern but i have also seen cut down modified PASGT ground troops covers utilized on these flight helmets Vehicle Crew Helmets - show yours
    Regards James

?

Nice pic. Rich A. in Pa.

Come on, let's kick this Thread out of this Pandemic mire, wave goodbye to Pangolins Revenge and post some more vehicle crew lids!!

Have we included Spain yet?

Navy....and VERY heavy.....it should have a black plastic RBR-esque chin cup but I couldn't get it to stay on the bloody strap whilst I snapped. NB this following sentence must be read with a heavy nasal [NOT naval] inflection - an interesting feature is that the edging piece is in fact part of the liner shell...it's not separate.....how interesting is that?!....just think, we could be talking about the claws on a droop tail eagle......

Vehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yours

..but "how heavy IS it?" I hear you all shouting....well, rumour has it that they only store 3 of these on board ship...they tried 4 but the ship went down faster than those in the Armada!...but how fast IS that? well it's faster than a Pangolin running away from vengeful market traders blaming it for the pandemic......so Pangolins fought in the Spanish/British naval conflicts? - yes..but only as non combatants

?

Neat. Rich A. in Pa.

Swedish (M71 ???)... Press studs for visor (or snap off peak perhaps?) and soft pads over ears for headset to fit under. Any info on this would be welcomed

Vehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yours

...+ any tips on paint removal?...those little white words are all over it and I can't even get them off with Acetone! :-)

?

Neat helmet. Rich A. in Pa.

Another US DH132 but this one is a Shell-only model by Speciality Plastic Products and has been finished accordingly. 'said to have come from USMC in Fallujah

Vehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yoursVehicle Crew Helmets - show yours

What looks like exit damage to the rear right side is in fact the remnants of a cloth cover trapped behind the screw head

Nice finds Ade i like the shape of the Spanish Naval helmet especially front on .
    No Idea on the Swedish helmet though so will keep following the thread to see what develops on this one , love the USMC helmet and i wonder if the Marine possibly transferred the Harness assembly from his own issue LWH Pasgt .
    Regards James

Thanks mate....I suspect the USMC harness was retro fitted along with the Pad set-up...which then raises the question about whether it remained a crew helmet. I like the whole been-there look’n’feel...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast