Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

vietnamese sun helmet

Article about: not ballistic i know as its made from compressed hardboard so im sneaking it in as composite material but tough to find an appropriate place on the forum, in any case here it is the previous

?

I will see if I can twist his arm I tried to buy it from him a few years ago and relized as soon as I asked it was a mistake I thought I was going to be shown the door but managed to smooth things over he was with the RAAF .

Regards Mark

Mark i totally understand ,I've done the same thing many a time and you don't take into account just how cherished these items can be to people ,items sometimes that no money can buy ,but if you don't ask you will never know i guess ,glad you smoothed things over
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 06:17 PM.

?

It cost me a Vietnam era Slouch cap in the end but it was worth it.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images vietnamese sun helmet  vietnamese sun helmet 

Beautiful hat Mark
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Nice helmet. I've been fortunate to add one example with provenance a few years back to the collection. They display nice.

Many thanks MD for looking and the nice comment would you kindly post a picture here or perhaps provide a link as I'd really be interested to view your example ,I'm just really pleased to read that the general consensus from you all is that its a good one ,it is appreciated so thank you all
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I decided to remove the chute material and scrim netting
    Last edited by James C; 02-07-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Added this NVA insignia for the displayvietnamese sun helmetvietnamese sun helmetvietnamese sun helmet

?

Thanks for keeping us posted James it does display rather nicely with the insignia I have a we bit of a soft spot for these and hope to add a period example to my collection one day...

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark if you do find one for the collection please post up mate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast