Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era

Article about: Name: Model 89. Intended for the army, police forces Made from 1989. Country of origin: Yugoslavia

Default YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era

Name: Model 89.

Intended for the army, police forces

Made from 1989.

Country of origin: Yugoslavia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era   YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era  

YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era   YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era  

great example battlegear i cant believe how different the liner system is compared to my army model ,i recently passed on the same cover to opex ,can i ask what is penned into the shell inner please ,thanks jamesYUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist eraYUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era

Very nice battlegear and thanks for posting and James thanks for comparing the liner for all of us that did not know the difference

Matt

Thanks guys, my Yugo M89 is actually missing some pieces, the liner is not complete, it's supposed to have some metal triangular parts that hold an extra strap for a headband, maybe the Yugo Police removed it to wear a winter cap inside?

the markings hand written inside with black felt pen / ink marker

Y.C.

C.4.

here are a few reference photos of whats missing inside my helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era   YUGO M89 composite helmet used by Police Forces during Communist era  

thanks battlegear i see now why it looks so different yet with the liner webbing and headband added looks very similar ,that is apart from the way the liner terminates to the shell

i dont see any visible liner mount rivits /bolts on your example's exterior ,are the liner mounts bonded onto the inner shell or partly woven into the aramid fibres during manufacture ?

Default M89 liner rivets / bolts

Quote by James C View Post
    i dont see any visible liner mount rivits /bolts on your example's exterior ,are the liner mounts bonded onto the inner shell or partly woven into the aramid fibres during manufacture ?
    Quote from World War helmets.com ,

Helmets 89 model for law enforcement are painted blue color whose color can range from very light blue to dark blue. These helmets are poor fixing screws of the cover as it is taken from the helmet 59/85 model is mounted on metal supports riveted into the wall of the bomb.

The chin strap loops are also riveted into the thick wall of the helmet, giving this model a perfectly smooth appearance.

they are riveted from the inside on the Police model, thats why the shell is smooth

thanks for explaining battlegear