Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1811 Pattern Blűcher Sabel / Sabre by Alcoso

Article about: I thought for my first sword I would like to start with an earlier sword. So I have this 1930s Alcoso Sabre which I believe was the version adopted by a number of branches of the German mili

Default TR Fire Officials sword by Alcoso

I thought for my first sword I would like to start with an earlier sword.

So I have this 1930s Alcoso Sabre which I believe was the version adopted by a number of branches of the German military during the Third Reich period.

In future I am going to try and get different examples of this sword through to 1945.

This sword comes complete, in exemplary condition with its original knot and finger strap still intact. The scabbard retains almost all of its original paint.

The blade is spotless and the crossguard, wire binding and handle have never been messed with. It has the owners initials on one side of the crossguard.

I am very pleased with my first sword, hopefully it will be joined by more as time goes by

Last edited by jamie7d7; 01-31-2017 at 08:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1811 Pattern Blűcher Sabel / Sabre by Alcoso
    P
    Many

?

Jamie thats a very nice looking cat

the sword isnt bad either
    I like the simple doveheads design, the personalisation has been executed beautifully, which adds to this sword.
    a nice addition to any collection!
    thx for showing.

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Jamie, Thank you for showing your sword and pussy cat. Both very nice!! Having checked several references, your sword could be a Fire NCO pattern as detailed by Angolia. The knot appears to be in black leather rather than the usual green which would indicate, at least to me, a civil organisation item?? None the less, a nice and relatively scarce pattern sword.
    Regards Michael R

Hi Michael.

Thank you for the information, I found a fire officials sword on the net and it certainly looks very similar (although the makers are different).

I've looked at the acorn on mine and could not find any trace of red colouring in the threads, did all 'fire' acorns have differing colours? You are right about the knot leather being black, I sought the expert opinion of my wife as I am colour blind with green!

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your latest message and photos. I am not particularly knowledgeable on knots but both of my Fire Officers swords have the style of knot that you show in #4. It is possible that the other ranks knot differed from the officer's knot? What colour is the base of the acorn on your sword? I will look through a few more publications and if I come up with anything, will let you know.
    Cheers Michael