Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade

Article about: I took some updated pictures recently of my Army Artillery Regiment NCO/EM Sword that I have had in my collection for some years. Thought I would share some background research and photos on

?

Default Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade

I took some updated pictures recently of my Army Artillery Regiment NCO/EM Sword that I have had in my collection for some years. Thought I would share some background research and photos on it. My Grandfather & I picked this up in Germany years ago so it is one of the fun ones I got to see him buy in person. The research I have dug up on this regiment is as follows. The 1939 German Army Rank list indicates that Artillery Regiment 31 was garrisoned in Halberstadt located approximately 45km SE of Magdeburg as part of the 31st Division. During WWII the division fought in Poland, France and Russia and was eventually destroyed in the battle of Berlin.
    The double-etched blade has a maker’s mark of Carl Eickhorn, stamped squirrel holding sword. An illustration of this sword appears in the "Eickhorn Kundendienst" as "Mannschaftssäbel Nr. 189". Nickel-plated hilt fittings. Black Bakelite grip is complete with tight triple twisted aluminum wire wrap. Obverse blade features an etched pattern on frosted background which appears in the "Eickhorn Kundendienst" as number "3240". The etched pattern consists of a 15" long floral motif flanking a central light gray frosted panel with the personalization, "Artillerie Regiment No 31" in raised gothic letters.
    The reverse blade features a matching 15" long floral motif flanking a central etch on a central light gray frosted panel with closed-wing Wehrmacht eagles flanking a motif of a mounted Artillery section of horses, riders, cannoniers, caisson and mounted trumpeter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade   Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade  

Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade   Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade  

Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade   Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade  

Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Artillery Sword - Regiment 31 - NCO / EM Double Etch Blade
    P
    Many

lovely sword.

?

Nice sword, in great shape.
    Neil

?

Rossi great looking sword. How's the weather out that way . Gary

?

It is rotten. Teens at night and 20s during the day. Feels like late December / January temps already. Going to be a long winter in the land if the Vikings.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Rossi great looking sword. How's the weather out that way . Gary

Harry beat me too it..yes quite lovely..the etch is outstanding. Alot of detail and the crispness...is very nice. Thanks for sharing this sword. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good thing you got your deer early. Gary
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-20-2014 at 03:50 AM.

?

Thanks Larry. Appreciate the review and comment. It is one of my old favorites.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Harry beat me too it..yes quite lovely..the etch is outstanding. Alot of detail and the crispness...is very nice. Thanks for sharing this sword. Regards Larry

?

Yes Sir. Dad and I did up some summer sausage and pepperoni sticks in the smoker. Nummy!

Quote by RH1941 View Post

- - ------- - -