Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army "Leopards head" sword by Alcoso

Article about: Gents i could use a little help with identifying this Alcoso sword. Cant find this sword in any book i have and not even seen this type offered anywhere on the net, it has the flat knuckle b

?

Default Army "Leopards head" sword by Alcoso

Gents i could use a little help with identifying this Alcoso sword.
    Cant find this sword in any book i have and not even seen this type offered anywhere on the net, it has the flat knuckle bow, and the second pattern Alcoso Logo.
    Any info is welcome.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Army "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by AlcosoArmy "Leopards head" sword by Alcoso

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army "Leopards head" sword by Alcoso
    P
    Many

Ger,I would say that's a lions head.

Me too Harry!...

have been drinking Genever gin,Lol.

?

No me ladds, you all need an appointment with "HANS ANDERS" LOL or you may call them specsavers
    There's a different head on the hilt as the standard Lion.

But have you ever seen an Alcoso sword with a flat knuckle bow?
    That was the question, info.........

Ger
    Army "Leopards head" sword by Alcoso

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    have been drinking Genever gin,Lol.
    i only drink Scotch 10YO or better, or red Wine, Jenever is not my cup of tea

Hello Ger, I,too, have exhausted every reference and information source that I have, and I also cannot find this particular sword Anywhere. Not only is the knuckle bow unusual and flat(which can be found at least sort of Close to it for some models) but the Langet is shaped as I have never seen before. Truth be told, my first impression was "well made fake", as the brass looks unusual in coloration. Then, looking further at the odd detailing, it looks even More suspicious. If it had been posted for evaluation by anyone other than yourself, I would, likely, have dismissed it straight off... As it stands, I have never seen it's like before and, personally, for the reasons above, I would avoid it out of caution.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Seems to me to be pretty heavy wire on the wrap as well.
    I would certainly be cautious Ger.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you William & Ralph,

i had my concerns because no reference model anywhere on the net or books pops up, that makes me suspecious.
    The wire is not what Alcoso normally used so i thought i post it here.
    William i dont own it yet i wanted opinions first, im not that good with swords, you know
    Even Michael our Swords collector doesnt have any reference material, but he didnt dismissed it yet.
    The knuckle Bow comes close to one that Pack used, but it has differences.
    When no reference photo or catalogue pics show up its a no deal.

Thx Gents,
    Ger

I noticed the Pack resemblance too, but, as you said, there are significant differences as well. Personally, I'm thinking that I would have to pass.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast