Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does anyone have any idea what sword this is? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

Article about: I'm new to collecting, this is my first sword I got it for a good price. The blade is painted over but other than that it seems original, I just can't find any like it online..

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Ryan. What information are you looking for? As AZPhil stated, it is a "doves head" style WW2 German officers sword. That pretty much sums it up. If the blade was not painted, you would be able to determine the maker.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I hope they used Rust paint , when they painted the blade !

Sorry I should have been more specific, I'd like to know if it's authentic, what it's worth, and if I should restore it. I removed the paint and there is no makers mark, but there isn't a makers mark on this one either Wittmann Militaria #31354 Army Officer's Dove Head Sword by WKC

?

Heya! And welcome!

Your sword is really similar to one that I have. The makers mark should be situated here...

Note that my sword has the swastika filed off of it, so it visible there like it should be!

Vesa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone have any idea what sword this is?  I can't seem to find it anywhere online  

Quote by ryanbo343 View Post
    Sorry I should have been more specific, I'd like to know if it's authentic, what it's worth, and if I should restore it. I removed the paint and there is no makers mark, but there isn't a makers mark on this one either Wittmann Militaria #31354 Army Officer's Dove Head Sword by WKC
    Hello0 and welcome to the forum!
    I am sorry, we will help you to find out if your item is authentic and what it is but we are not a free evaluation service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Vesqu View Post
    Heya! And welcome!

Your sword is really similar to one that I have. The makers mark should be situated here...

Note that my sword has the swastika filed off of it, so it visible there like it should be!

Vesa
    Unfortunately that area has the most rust, is there a way to take the sword apart so I can remove some of the rust and see if it's underneath?

?

Quote by ryanbo343 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Ryan. In the first picture I see a sticker dot that says $90.00. It is a relic condition piece but the Hilt even salty is just okay for me. It is not a practice for the guys and gals on here to assess values so hope you don't take that the wrong way. It is a code of conduct thing amongst the members and really what people will pay is subjective. What does your wallet want to give for it? Do you have a salty uniform or display you need it for? Lots of questions I ask myself. Do I need this or want it? I have collected blades and dress daggers since age 15 so 33 years. My mentor Opa always told me to not restore stuff. Yes...maintain the collection but I like things as they say in the hobby "untouched, from the wood work or as found". Painting the blade or rusting dip, etc...whatever is just gross Some folks do amazing restoration work on here and I have been impressed. If you are restoring to resell it some guys won't buy it because it has been fiddled with. I rarely even take apart my daggers or turn screws. If I am keeping something I might think of a restore or clean gently. The blade is the big issue with this one. Not uncommon for a blade to be unmarked on swords that I have seen in past here and there. I would not buy it but that is just me. So that is it from the Rossi peanut gallery and my Friday wisdom for you Enjoy the weekend!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2